Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

opinion on Bloodrunner BH

Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default opinion on Bloodrunner BH

I have a buddy that likes the idea of the bloodrunner due to its fix-blade structure but also its mechanical advantage. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions/thoughts/experience/knowledge on or about this BH.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by diamondrack
I have a buddy that likes the idea of the bloodrunner due to its fix-blade structure but also its mechanical advantage. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions/thoughts/experience/knowledge on or about this BH.
Bump. I'd like to hear about people's experience with these as well. I was looking them over the other day and the idea sounds good (ie. cutting even if they're closed) but that big, fat ferule makes me wonder about penetration. Seems to me it's almost like attaching blades to a Lincoln Log and expecting it to have the same penetration as a more traditional narrow-diameter ferule. I'd be happy to hear otherwise!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://cutsnomatterwhat.com/index2.htm

Look at their ads....

In all honesty, if you have plenty of energy, go for it, but the video of the lady shooting the elk in the guts, and not getting a pass-through has me saying And then to say "Maximum penetration..... "

I'll stick with my Slick Tricks until something BETTER comes along. 4-blades 2.125" of total cut, and fly perfect for me.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

If you really want to use them get the 2 blade, they are much better than the 3 blade for the reason Uphunter08 pointed out.