Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Alphamax 35

Old 07-18-2010, 07:56 AM
bigcountry

Default Alphamax 35

Finest bow I ever shot!!! Got one a few days ago. Eyeballed the rest, set the nocking point to 90degrees, and bullet holes thru paper. Figured it was a fluke. Bareshaft shot it at 20 yard. Broke a new ACC hitting it. Holy cow, I am onto something. Tried it again and bareshafts hitting right with my fletched arrows. Moved back 40 yards, and shot BH's and BH's hitting maybe 2" lower.

20-30 shots and its setup. Freakin amazing. This is how a company should make a high end bow.

Struggled all spring with a new sentinel, finally got it tuned, but it was so sensitive to grip position and would get these wild shots out of the blue. Lost 150 dollars on the trade. Well worth it.

Whats so nice is I finally have fletch clearance after 8-9 years of shooting multiple bowtechs. I always struggled shooting blazers and 5" feathers with bowtechs. Hoyts shelf is wide open.

This is going to be my 3d and target bow. I don't impress easily, but I am impressed. Not as quiet as my commander was, but thats ok.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

High Praise coming from you. How about a few stats... Arrow weight, speed, draw length...

Congratulations.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:16 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Antler Eater
High Praise coming from you. How about a few stats... Arrow weight, speed, draw length...

Congratulations.
Using ACC's 3-60's at 28.5" with 4" feathers. My draw is 29.5". Haven't chrono yet.

I was warned and its true, that the strings are not much. Plan to change em out. But so far,love it.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

What about the draw cycle and hand shock ?
Old 07-21-2010, 02:56 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
What about the draw cycle and hand shock ?
Draw cycle is much better than both my guardian and sentinel was. More in line with my commander. Litterly no handshock.

Tad louder than my commander.