Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

as the season draws near...

Old 07-02-2003, 09:45 AM

Default as the season draws near...

I find myself slipping around the house trying to do everything without making any noise. My question is can a deer hear better than a wife?
Old 07-02-2003, 11:01 AM

Default RE: as the season draws near...

NO!!!

If you can consistantly slip out of the house and then slip back in at around 4 a.m. then the hunting thing is a piece of cake Thats how I tune up for bow season

And thats probably why I am still unmaried
Old 07-02-2003, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree RACK!The wife can hear every little thing--hell she can actually hear what i' m thinking!
Old 07-03-2003, 07:35 AM

No. My wife has a better sense of SMELL,(You stopped for a beer, didnt you!?),
SIGHT (I saw that cabelas package you just slipped under the bed), and hearing (I heard you in the bathroom ordering that hunting stuff from cabelas),,,than any mature buck in this country. The day I can get away with ANYTHING is the day I will be one with nature.[:-]
Old 07-03-2003, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

...Hmm I believe you all are on to something here. I wonder why I never see any magazine articles covering this subject. The real challenges of hunting are at home, conquer them and arrowing that mature buck is a walk in the park.

Goodness knows you only have to beat three of the five senses on a deer to score. Shoot, with a woman that kind of trickery wouldn' t even get a guy to first base. Why you would be busted before you got in the stand. []

Excluding the Almighty Himself, the female gender is the closest thing to absolute omnipotence. I mean let' s face it, it is hard to beat a woman' s sixth sense....the " inter-uterine tracking device" . This allows them know where you are, what you need to be doing presently, where you will be going, why you will be going there, what you need to be doing once you arrive there, your departure time and the moment you should return. Should you deviate from any one of these, you better bring home a doctor' s excuse, cause they already know what you' ve been doing.

Old 07-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

Shoot,
Wives can even read your mind! As far as their sense of sight and smell, well I believe they are about equal. After all, why are they called...dear? As in Yes Dear.[:' (]