Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looks like I'm moving to Ohio soon....

Old 07-17-2010, 03:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Big bucks behind every tree. That's why for the size of the state are harvest # are small and we can shoot as many bucks as we want as long as it's no more than one. Our orange army turn out should get some kind of award for being so popular.

You'll love the lake IN THE SUMMER hate it when it turns into snow in the winter. Ice fishings good though. One very bad thing is your nice Fl. cars and trucks are going to be eaten alive by all the salt used on the roads a good half of the year. The area gets cold and stays cold until the lake warms. There are also places in Cleveland you don't want to end up in. Get educated on that before you take the tour. Welcome to the town that's home to sports teams that will most likely kill you from rage.

It's a drive from Cleveland but Westfield Center south of Cleveland would be hard to beat as a place to live and raise a family. People there commute to Cleveland.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Spike

nodog my wife was just looking at some houses in westfield center. Looks like a nice quiet area which is fine w/ me. I have been checking out a lot of the puplic rec areas for hunting, fishing and camping.....I can't wait. Hopefully I don't miss all of this season, but still kind of in the dark date wise at this point. I'm sure I will get plenty of bad looks when it comes to football season wearing my Gators/Dolphins stuff.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by FL/Law
nodog my wife was just looking at some houses in westfield center. Looks like a nice quiet area which is fine w/ me. I have been checking out a lot of the puplic rec areas for hunting, fishing and camping.....I can't wait. Hopefully I don't miss all of this season, but still kind of in the dark date wise at this point. I'm sure I will get plenty of bad looks when it comes to football season wearing my Gators/Dolphins stuff.
Daughters future in laws live there. A real leave it to Beaversville. Good neighbors.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Spike

Well I have 3 little ones so that sounds good to me. I want to find a nice quiet low crime area with good schools. A nice hour drive to work will be just fine......