Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

75GR WOLVERINES

Old 06-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default 75GR WOLVERINES

Have any of you guys tried 75gr wolverine exspandables? If so how do you like
them.

THANKS
Old 06-30-2003, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 75GR WOLVERINES

I have not tried them but have shot other Rocket heads that are very close. The miniblasters and sidwinders are all very close in stlye and size. Overall they are very good heads. Read my review of the cablelas head and you can get a basic idea. I also have a review of the miniblasters coming out that should intrest you.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:44 AM

Default RE: 75GR WOLVERINES

I used them last year, and they are a good head. I took two bucks with them and they did their job. On one deer it hit the far leg bone and the tip bent, I lost a blade. But that deer went no-where, and I do mean no where. The other was a complete pass thru and the head was fine.

They do not hold up well to practice and are a little flimsy IMO. I would not use them on game bigger than deer. I am looking at the solid steelheads this year or the 85 grn sidewinder.

I would feel confident using them on deer but feel rocket has better heads out there.