Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix

Old 04-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hoyt Carbon Matrix

i did a search, and it fond no results. so was wonderin what everyone thought of this bow, certainly looks the part, but does it act as good as it looks?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqKHiYY87bE

i did find this video...unfuggun real!!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

From a structural integrity standpoint, it certainly looks bullet/bomb proof. The carbon riser seems nearly impervious to bending like some of the other aluminum riser bows.

Weight wise, it is only a couple of ounces lighter than the Maxxis 35, so no real savings there....Not that I would want a super light bow anyway. Some mass weight makes me more stable.

The big thing that keeps me from wanting one is the price. They are waaaaaaaay more expensive than the aluminum riser bows. If they could get the price down to where they were either just slightly more expensive or on par with a aluminum riser bow, then I think they would have a real winner.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had the chance to play with the Carbon Matrix and couple times and it is an amazing feeling machine!

I know many people would like to compare them to the Maxxis but honestly they are two totally different animals! The Matrix feels totally different when you have them in you hands side by side.

The only negative thing is the price. I'd love to own one, just to put it through it's paces!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, went to the bow shop...
asked the guy if i could shoot it....he said no cause he didnt want me to break it....
lol...
he was pullin my leg...
usually there is a dry fire rule up there, you dry fire it and you bought it....
on the matrix is a sign that says they will give you a new one if you break it. thats a statement!!!
so they guy gave me a few bores and to town i went...this thing is nice, he showed me the you tube videos ( ill try and find em fer ya)...and i was amazed they drove a truck over it more ways than you are thinkin right now, and then shot it...had to have been scratched im sure...
through the chronograph it was 298fps, certainly not the fastest of the new bows, but was very smooth....the draw was a lil short for me, and he said it was at 64lbs ..., but i made it work. it did seem the heavier of the 3 bores flew better ( these were shop bores and definitely not the same.)
i am sure if we turned it up i coulda broke the 300 fps, but overall, very nice bow....
the price....
welll...
if you are Rambo its definitely worth the price...aint any bomb gonna break this thing..and would most likely hold up to the abuse.....
as for me....if somebody is runnin my bow over with a truck its because i have deliriously wondered onto the highway while hunting and have been run over, along with the bow...
IF my Mathews ever breaks beyond repair or gets stolen, i would probably get this carbon matrix , IF!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-zSiKbfx3o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjCIopssjEg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqKHiYY87bE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HGG5d-hC8M

just choose 1, they are all perty unbelievable
Old 04-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had mine now for about two months and I really have fallen in love with the bow. I actually had to be talked into shooting it, I really wanted the new Alpha Burner and the shop owner really wanted me to shot this. I had shot carbon HCA's in the past and really was not interested in going down that road again. However, I made the mistake of shooting it once and that was it.

I know there is not much weight difference between this and the Maxxis, but it feels much lighter in your hands. I am shooting with a set of v-bars and two 6" back stabs on it to give some extra weight. Otherwise it gets moved around pretty easy in the wind. The good thing about the it being so light is that you can add the extra weight to the bow where you want it and really balance it out to perfection. My bow just sits in my hand so nice, no worries about canting and absolutely no jumping on the shot.

As stated, it is not the fastest bow on the market. It IBO's at 318. I am shooting my at 65lbs at 28.5". I am shooting a 28" Axis 340 (417 grains) at 276 fps. I would like to see a little more speed out of Hoyt's next version, but she is not slow by any means. I would love for Hoyt to come out with the carbon riser with xt2000 limbs and the spiral cams, sort of mash the Alpha Burner and the Matrix together. That would be one hell of a bow.

I know the cost is pretty high and I know it is not the bow for everyone. However, I can only assume with the success this bow has had that Hoyt will continue to develope more carbon bows for the 2011 lineup and with that the costs will come down. I would also assume that other companies will start to develope some carbon bows as well, so all in all, we could have some very awesome choices in a few years.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

THe Carbon Matrix has excellent reviews by everyone I have talked to that owns one. Hoyt has really uped their game the last couple of years, and that is good for all archers.

Like has been previously stated only bad thing is the price. Maybe with time it will moderate some.

Dan
Old 05-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are pretty cool. All that really needs to be said other than go check one out