Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: Have You Used The TechnoHunt System
Yes, and i have enjoyed it.
66.67%
Yes, but i did not enjoy it.
0%
No, but i want to soon.
11.11%
I have never heard of TechnoHunt
22.22%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Techno Hunt Systems

Old 03-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Techno Hunt Systems

Well what are you to do on a rainy day in wisconsin? I asked myself this question during our two hour delay. I have a friend who just recently got a bow, he has wanted to go to Advanced Archery, a local archery shop in Hilbert. It has a TechnoHunt system which i myself have been dying to try out. So i booked our time and we headed there after school. Let me give you an idea of what the system is all about. You take your arrows and put on the supplied blunt tips and then shoot at a screen with a motion projection of a game animal. We had three people in our group and we shot four an half hour. It is a game of whoever has the most points. Better the shot, better the points. I ended up second. Overall it was a great time and i would reccomend shooting at one or joining a league with one. Also if your in the area by Hilbert stop by Advanced Archery. Great staff and great times, also if your looking for a new bow they sell Matthews and many others and are a great help while buying. There number is 920-853-3131. Overall the TechnoHunt system is GREAT!

Last edited by WisconsinBowHunter; 03-11-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the DART system a bit.I assume it's like the Techno system. Right now,I'm in the middle of the winter league
Old 03-11-2010, 06:05 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Love to shoot Techno or Dart either one. I think it is a lot of fun. Shoot in a team league every winter with my brother.

Not to mention my wifes uncle owns the Techno company!!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't do it very often as it is a pretty long drive to go shoot one.

It is Fun though!

Dan
Old 03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

We've got a Techno Hunt in our region (Wolf Hollow Archery) and it's awesome!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

My local shop has a DART system. It's fun, but frustrating sometime because the scoring is not really accurate. I know I take it too seriously, but hey I'm competitive to a fault.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Techno is a ton of fun. I don't like the leagues, since the scoring is often pretty subjective on them, but they are very fun to shoot just for fun. We have had some pretty good times in the techno room at BlueRidge Backwoods.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoy shooting either the Techno or the DART, it is a great "video game". However, I shoot in a DART league and hate it. Many disagreements where they put that damn 12 ring at, which takes some of the fun out of shooting it.

I do think it is a great tool to teach a new hunter about kill zone location and shot angles.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in the middle of winter league Techno hunt locally. A new bow shop and we've only got 14 guys, and one gal, shooting league. The scoring sometimes does kind of screws ya, but it does it to everyone. It's fun for sure.