Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anti-Hunters

Old 02-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anti-Hunters

Last week i was on break in between classes and i took my field and stream magazine along and was reading it in the library lobby minding my own business and was approached by a young girl and guy. They asked me if i hunted and i said yes. They then proceeded to tell me how unethical it was and how non-hunters cant enjoy wildlife. I then told them that as being a hunter im out there for more than just to kill and that i probably enjoy the outdoors and wildlife 100 more times than they do and that i probably have more respect for the outdoors and wildlife and its preservation than they ever will. I then told them that instead of picking on hunters they should go pick on the people who would rather tear up thousands of acres to build shopping malls and what not. Us as hunters get the wrong end of everything. You never hear of a guy on a bulldozer tearing out thousands of acres so they can build a shopping mall getting harassed. These people just tick me off but i just turned the other cheek and went back to my magazine. Im studying AG at SIU and the AG dept. holds a big buck contest every year and they also have a bass fishing team which i think is awesome and it just goes to show them anti-hunters that if they dont like it then they should go back to either where they came from or go to a diff. school where hunting isnt part of alot of peoples lives.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:52 AM
Dominant Buck

So you're gonna do the same thing to land developers that this girl is doing to you?

Can you tell me what percentage of land in the United States is developed?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are Haters in everything. You just learn to ignore them. Most are just ignorant and uninformed

Dan
Old 02-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
There are Haters in everything. You just learn to ignore them. Most are just ignorant and uninformed

Dan
But to try and educate them is a waste of your breath and time.

I was talking hunting with a buddy at work a few weeks back. This lady must have over heard us and told how awful she thought what we did was. She went on and on and on about the poor deer and our disrespect for life. I never said a word until she was done. I simply looked her in the eye and told her thank you for providing me your unsolicited opinion and then went back to talking hunting with my buddy. Saying anything more would have been futile.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad I live in Texas. People like that know to keep their mouth's shut.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ask them if the believe in God and the Bible. Then you can reference these:

Genesis 27:3

Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

or

Genesis 9:3

Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kickin_buck
But to try and educate them is a waste of your breath and time.
Exactly!!

Dan
Old 02-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
Ask them if the believe in God and the Bible. Then you can reference these:

Genesis 27:3

Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

or

Genesis 9:3

Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

I Like!!!

God gave us dominion over the animals to provide for our needs.

We are to worship him not them. I think many have forgot that!

Dan
Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

It throws them (Antis) for a real loop when you tell them that they are going against the Bible. I keep those excerpts posted on the wall near my desk at the motorcycle shop. I have pictures and a few mounts here. I have a lot of nice customers and sometimes get permission to hunt. Not very often I get a few that have something negative to say, I just point at that paper and then point at the door.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

They will NEVER get what hunters and hunting does to protect wildlife for everyone to enjoy.
And you can't argue with IDIOTS!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.