Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pants or Bibs?

Old 06-11-2003, 07:57 AM

Default Pants or Bibs?

If you had the choice of having insulated pants or bibs which one would you choose and why? For me, i' ve always had bibs but i' m thinking about going to pants and i don' t know if i should...just seeing what you guys have.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:21 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pants or Bibs?

Bibs. They are warmer than pants.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where you live = bibs
Old 06-11-2003, 08:47 AM

Bibs....here in MN when it gets cold....bibs are much warmer and fairly easy to get on or off when the hunt is done or a guy has a turtle head poking out just looking for some water.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:11 AM

I like the Bibs but don' t own any. Pants and long sleeve jersey shirts for down here.
Too Hot [>:]

mike
Old 06-11-2003, 10:13 AM

Bibs for me, first of all they help keep your kidneys warm wich inturn keeps your blood warm which inturn keeps you warn. Plus for us guys with a little bit of a beer gut you don' t always have to be pulling up your pants all of the time and tucking in your shirt.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:38 AM

For me, it doesn' t matter much. I currently use pants but wouldn' t have any problems switching to bibs. So long as you' re warm, right??
Mike,-
Old 06-11-2003, 10:51 AM

Always had bibs until they cost me a big 6x6 elk last year. I was in a tree on a board and had to lean back for a 25 yard shot. Pulled the release and nothing happened. My bowstring was caught on the suspender button of my bibs. Bought a bunch of pants after that. The string popped loose and the arrow went way in front of the bull. Bummed me out. Good hunting.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:42 AM

I really like the bibs better, but do remember one time when I had to do a number two in the woods, and bent down and when I was finished noticed that I went all over the back of my bibs. Yeah I had runs too. Ruined my whole hunt, because there was no where to shower and I had no extra hunting clothes I was 3 hours from home town. If I would of had pants I would of missed them, and hit the ground.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Pants or Bibs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.