Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

moment of truth...

Old 06-10-2003, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default moment of truth...

It' s sort of a moment of truth for me. How low has the common poacher sunk? I went scouting back about 1 month ago or so and to make a REAL long story short I stumbled upon a poachers stand on private land (blatant 15ft ladder stand). The people I was with weren' t up for doing any more walking around because the day had brought about a lot of frustration so I set up my game cam about 15 ft from the poacher' s stand. I know, I know... stupid. But, I was SO excited to use it for my first time and the guy' s stand was set up above an intersection of 3-4 highways, it was a GREAT spot. *Alas* as my " check my film" date approaches I' m getting more and more worried that I' ll not find my camera there. Can anyone here give me hope? Same/similar circumstances? Got your stuff back? [:' (]
Old 06-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: moment of truth...

i dont think there poachers as in shooting animals to make money. its probably a stand left over from last season.people think they can sneek a stand in on private propery and they probably got lazy and left the stand there. i wouldnt worry about the camera i think it will still be there. but i personally would never have left the camera there. if its your private propery i would post it and pull the stand out of there with a note on how to get the stand back. find a new spot for your camera just in case. i just got a trail camera and put it out and from the pictures i got the horns are just starting to show. id wait till august to put the camera out then you will see some antlers.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

wow... horns already. That' s early... i would think anyway. If the camera' s still there then I have HIGH hopes for what I' ll get back

I did tell my friend (the land owner) that he should tear down the stand and tack up a note saying to come and get it. I told him he' d probably end up with 1 less poacher and a free tree stand [:-]
Old 06-10-2003, 06:39 PM

Go get your camera asap. If they have so little respect as to hunt someone else' s land they probably wont think twice about taking your camera. Had my first one stolen off of private land they were even so brazen as to take the strap off the camera and put it on my stand just to add insult to injury,tends to piss a person off hopefully you wont lose yours