Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews and all other bow brand owners.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
The problem isn't either. Chevy vs. Ford Vs. Dodge will always be argued.

The problem starts when people bash a product because of some imagined little flaw attempting to make it far bigger a problem than it is and when it is pointed out time and time again that it is proven to be user and/or shop error they can not accept that and get their panties in a wad and continue to make outlandish attempts to make said imagined flaw much much much bigger than it ever needed to be.

People want the company man up and either take care of the "imagined flaw" with some expensive recall or some public statement from the CEO of the company when it isn't warranted. But if the local reps that are in the loop about the same "imagined flaw" speak up and provide an explanation it isn't good enough?
Very well said
Old 01-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

The problem starts when people bash a product because of some imagined little flaw attempting to make it far bigger a problem than it is and when it is pointed out time and time again that it is proven to be user and/or shop error they can not accept that and get their panties in a wad and continue to make outlandish attempts to make said imagined flaw much much much bigger than it ever needed to be.

People want the company man up and either take care of the "imagined flaw" with some expensive recall or some public statement from the CEO of the company when it isn't warranted. But if the local reps that are in the loop about the same "imagined flaw" speak up and provide an explanation it isn't good enough?
That can't be done by anyone here, not by a written description or pics (unless dry fired) alot of people think just because they use a bow, they are tech experts.

Yes there will always be "bashing" but it has gotten personal for some, that needs to be removed, there isnt a need to get that bent out of shape.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:47 PM
bigcountry

Thats total BS and you have to know it. There wouldn't have been over one page of debate on the destroyer thread if all the bowtech staff didn't jump on it. The last time I seen bowtech staff jump on a post so heavy was when there was a rumor of general blowing up across the country. Where did that lead people. I am glad I wasn't an owner of a general. You couldn't sell one for much now. I don't want one. I mean every forum on the net, bowtech staff is jumping up and down on it.

I mean what is wrong with showing a picture, informing everyone of somethign to look at, and let people make up thier own mind on if its a big deal. If its not a big deal, the stupid bow will sell itself. Its that freaking easy bulls. But no, every freakin bowtech staff in the country has go to indepth posts on how this is nothing.

Screw brand loyalty. If its imaginary, fine, people will shoot it and like it and buy it. The bowtech staff doens't have to push the thing so hard.

Its so obvious its sad. Any idiot can see it.

Question for you, how many pages would the destroyer thread gotten without the intervention of those associated with the company or those who sell diamond/bowtech products???

Another question. How many destroyers have you owned or sold? If the answer is none, then all your statements on here are BS and you don't know the truth anymore than we do.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thats total BS and you have to know it. There wouldn't have been over one page of debate on the destroyer thread if all the bowtech staff didn't jump on it.
I only recall one Bowtech staffer provide an explanation and it wasn't good enough.

I mean what is wrong with showing a picture, informing everyone of somethign to look at, and let people make up thier own mind on if its a big deal. If its not a big deal, the stupid bow will sell itself. Its that freaking easy bulls. But no, every freakin bowtech staff in the country has go to indepth posts on how this is nothing.

Screw brand loyalty. If its imaginary, fine, people will shoot it and like it and buy it. The bowtech staff doens't have to push the thing so hard.
Now you know as well as I do that isn't the way it works. People do searches on the net for information about a product and threads like the destroyer thread pop up in the first page of Google and this is what they read.

Question for you, how many pages would the destroyer thread gotten without the intervention of those associated with the company or those who sell diamond/bowtech products???
Couldn't tell ya. If you hired reps to promote your product and handle situations like this for a product that you manufacture would you expect them to provide an explanation or let people continue to make a big deal out of something that you know isn't?

Question for you. How many pages would the Destroyer thread have gotten if you would have looked at the information and explanation provided and said to yourself..... That makes sense, and left it at that and not made attempts to make a mountain out of mole hill?

Another question. How many destroyers have you owned or sold? If the answer is none, then all your statements on here are BS and you don't know the truth anymore than we do.
None, but what does that matter? Do you not think that I have inspected this bow very closely? What I do know from shooting, pressing, taking apart and looking over in depth is that the explanation given is the truth.

I am telling it like it is as an outsider that has no reason what so ever to have a bias one way or the other. And that's the truth.

Last edited by bigbulls; 01-03-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I am telling it like it is as an outsider that has no reason what so ever to have a bias one way or the other. And that's the truth.
And....so was I.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Thats total BS and you have to know it. There wouldn't have been over one page of debate on the destroyer thread if all the bowtech staff didn't jump on it.
This has been proven to not be the case on every BowTech thread I've seen. The correct answer is never good enough. Atlasman asked a question, the question was answered.

The next guy gets on the thread, reads the OP's post and no further and sticks his theory of cams slamming into the limbs which isn't true because he didn't read the post answering the question. Then the next guy does the same thing and so on, and so on, and so on. Each time it get's answered again, but it's not good enough because then come the bashers to fuel the fire. It happens every time and you've seen it time and time again. We, answer it, it get's challenged or ignored. We answer it again, and we get slammed as fan boys. You cannot fathom how many people I've helped through the forums. That's why the infrastructure is in place. Ever look and see who is behind every thread that keep getting pushed into the gutter. You'll see a pattern very quickly.

The last time I seen bowtech staff jump on a post so heavy was when there was a rumor of general blowing up across the country. Where did that lead people. I am glad I wasn't an owner of a general. You couldn't sell one for much now. I don't want one. I mean every forum on the net, bowtech staff is jumping up and down on it.
I wasn't part of that and quite frankly, don't remember it either. I had a General but it was my first year on the staff and I received it late. The fact still remains that it was very few Generals with an issue and yet BowTech stepped up and replaced limbs that weren't an issue. I shot mine with the original limbs until I gave it to a friend of mine who loves the bow. Twildasin loves his and I see them bought and sold regularly on several forums. But, that's not the issue here.

Sure would be nice if that's the way the internet works but alas, we know it doesn't. I think we've all been around long enough to know that.

I can promise you, without a proper explanation to those marks which was given to all of us by Matt, basher and haters would have had a field day degrading a issue that didn't exist and I'm not talking about the marks not being there, I'm talking about how they get there.

Take this thread already. The OP mentioned several bow brands and the thread has taken a turn that it doesn't need to go.

You won't ever see me bashing another bow manufacturer and I'd beg you to find one if you think that's not the case, on any forum. I think there a lot of fantastic bows out there today and if your into compounds, it's a fantastic time to be into them. If you take any bow, any manufacturer and slam it, your going to have staff, consumers and sometimes even owners of the company defending it. I asked a simple question on a Strothers thread and got slammed left and right and even called a name by Strothers himself. A post two down from mine asked a similar question and he got his answered. How do you feel about Kevin Strothers attacking members? How does HCH feel about that? I saw people defending him and those same people would slam a staffer from another company correcting rumors.

I work on all manufacturers here at my place. I don't care what brand it is. Two of my closest friends shoot a Hoyt and a Mathews and I've worked on both of them. I won't turn them away and I'll share the woods with me.

Everyone get's passionate about their goods. Even those slamming us for the same practice do the same as we but seem to forget that.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well this car went off into the ditch in turn 2.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Well this car went off into the ditch in turn 2.
Did you expect it not to?

I read it, thought it was very good and held it's own however, I've been around enough to know better. Great intention though.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
Did you expect it not to?

I read it, thought it was very good and held it's own however, I've been around enough to know better. Great intention though.
Go ahead Rob...throw the old paddlock around it...Im done with it.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Question for you. How many pages would the Destroyer thread have gotten if you would have looked at the information and explanation provided and said to yourself..... That makes sense, and left it at that and not made attempts to make a mountain out of mole hill?
Very well said!

Take AT's thread for example, Matt / PA, direct from the company gave the answer. You would have thought the thread would have ended there.

Actually, atlasman got his concern answered on BH.C by Rick James.... Then, atlasman took it to AT where it got piled upon by those looking for flaw and Matt / PA answered them. You would have thought that would have been where it would have ended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.