Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

QAD ultra rest

Old 12-31-2009, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default QAD ultra rest

I just installed a QAD hunter tonight. Decided to go with the basic model to see how I liked it. Shot a bunch of arrows at different ranges and I am completely impressed. That last comment comes from a guy who used a whisker biscuit for years. The rest is very easy to setup following the supplied DVD instructions. My groups at 45 yards went from 4 inches to 1.5-2 inches. 20 and 30 yards my arrows all touching fletchings in the target.

Pros: I like the fact that if you have to let down on draw the launcher stays up in a slightly rested position.

Cons: I did not like the fact that the launcher arm is a hardened plastic. Will have to see if it holds up to the amount of shooting I do, 100+ arrows a week for practice.

Dave

Last edited by SouthernMDArcherer; 12-31-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

I liked my QAD rest too, but I ran into a problem after quite a few shots. The launcher arm kept falling further and further forward, like the spring that holds it was going soft. Eventually it started slapping the riser rest and throwing my shots off. I took it off because if I raised up the elevation of it to make up for this, it would throw my center shot way off and I would need to raise my nock loop and then adjust my sights. I am back on a whisker biscuit for now. I intend to do more work on it this summer and see what I can do.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i switched to the ultra rest last year and i would not trade it for the world. its probably the best rest i have ever used. im completely satisified
Old 12-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the QAD on my Mathews Z7
Old 12-31-2009, 08:32 PM
bigcountry

The QAD is funny. You either have no problems or a bunch.

I had it setup on a commander is 20 min. I have fought with it on my guardian all summer. Had it setup on my liberty in no time. Timing seems to be everything.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

I shot around 100 arrows a week for more than 2 years now on my fast and mean airborne 82nd and no problems with the QAD !!!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love my QAD Hunter!
Old 01-02-2010, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

I have hunted with the same rest for seveal years now. no problems.It will hold up just fine. I did however by the new Ripcord for my new bow. well see...
Old 01-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountry
The QAD is funny. You either have no problems or a bunch.

I had it setup on a commander is 20 min. I have fought with it on my guardian all summer. Had it setup on my liberty in no time. Timing seems to be everything.
Exactly my experience with a QAD and why I won't put one on a Bow I own. I did in the past but the odd one that was a PIA turned me off. The only way I will set one up now is on a customers bow if he has his heart set on it.

I much prefer the Vapor Trail Limb Driver

Dan