Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let's Talk Cold Weather Boots/Irish Setter Snow Claw

Old 12-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Banned

Default Let's Talk Cold Weather Boots/Irish Setter Snow Claw

I just bought these a few weeks ago, and I am impressed. The Irish Setter 3888 Snow Claw XT. 2000 gr insulation and aerogel in the midsole.I have been wearing Scheels extreme weather wool socks in these, and have sat for 5 hours in zero degree weather, and my feet kept warm. I bought these one size bigger then I normally wear, for Scheels two sock system, and am very glad I did. I also own a pair of Ice breaker boot blankets, but so far, no need for them. These are the 1st boots I have ever owned that have kept me warm. I thought I would pass the info on. $159 at Scheels.

http://www.irishsetterboots.com/iris...xt-realtree-ap

Men's Irish Setter 3888 Snow Claw XT 2000g ThinsulateŽ Insulation Waterproof 10-Inch Boot
Enlarge Image
Irish Setter 3888 Snow Claw XT 2000g ThinsulateŽ Insulation Waterproof 10-Inch Boot
RealtreeŽ All-Purpose Camo

Description:
Aerogel is a material composed of over 90% air - making it an extremely effective insulator with the lowest thermal conductivity of any solid material known to man. The aerogel in the midsole of the Snow Claw XT serves as a barrier to heat loss between the foot and frozen ground or snow.

Features:

* UltraDry - Complete Waterproofing System
* ScentBan - Eliminates bacterial odors
* EVA with Thermal Boost Nanotechnology Midsole
* Snow Claw Sole
* RealtreeŽ All-Purpose Camo Uppers
* Cement Construction
Old 12-29-2009, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a pair of Irish Setter's this year also. Dont recall the model but they are 2000 grams. my feet have not gotten cold at all here in WI chilly days. As you stated, one pair of good socks and outdoors I go!
Old 12-29-2009, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Go figure I just checked and they are the snowclaw XT