Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery competions

Old 06-08-2003, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default Archery competions

Have you ever been in one and are they any fun i am thinking of getting into a league.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Archery competions

You might have some better luck with this in the IBO/3D shooting forum. However, I have shot in some fun yet competitive local shoots. I did enjoy the friendly competition at that level.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:52 PM

been bow hunting for yrs and just decided to get my 15 yr old son and i in a video archery league.4 to a team 8wk league.man do we have fun.sorry i didn' t do it yrs ago.we just shoot for fun.some shoot to win all the time.get some friends and join a league sometime. YOU WILL HAVE A LOAD OF FUN. just keep it fun.it is a greatway to find the little things you have trouble with and fix them. let me know how you like it.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:09 PM

To me, it' s almost as much fun as hunting and you usually get a heck of a lot more shots. I get to shoot 30 critters every Sunday all year round if I go to 3D shoots. I may only get a few shots on deer the entire season while I' m hunting. But they go hand in hand and one compliments the other, I think. By all means I highly recommend you give it a go. It' s far and away my favorite off-season pastime.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:28 PM

Not an official competion but did do what I believe was called a 60 shot this past weekend - 20 from 60 yrds, 20 from 50 yrd and 20 from 40 yrds. We kept score but it was a warm up for a competition in two weeks. I never shot from these distances before and was very happy with how I shot. It also helped to have others with more experience helping me out. I went just to check out a local archery club and after they let me take a couple practice shots and helped adjust my sites I decided to stay and shoot. It was lots of fun!