Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Old 01-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Well...since Don started a thread on his new bow........and didn't seek approval from the BT judge in doing so.....

I'd ask...who came looking for who?
Jeff, Failed to see I was looking for anything. Just stated my Opinion. Sorry if you don't feel I have a right to it. I shoot all the Bows I can get a hold of every year and for good reason. I want to make sure I am shooting the Best bow for Me. I don't care what brand it is.

I shoot what I want and it would cost me No more, probably less to shoot a Mathews or Hoyt.

My Choice now and has been for several years is BowTech. I have probably owned more Bows in 41 years than you have shot

Dan
Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry if you don't feel I have a right to it.
You're just being antagonistic, Dan. I've never said or implied otherwise. You're entitled to your opinion, like anyone else. But when they're rarely complimentary of your competitor's products (or their customers), it just (IMO) gets a little old. I'm entitled to my opinion, also.

I am thinking of Hunting with a Sling Shot next year, buying a camera, and taking pics of everything I kill, toad frogs, squirrels, bunnies, etc. Boy Everything would be a Trophy then!
Dan...the SOLE arbiter of what determines a "trophy" is the hunter who killed it. If you're happy with those critters, I'll congratulate you, sincerely.

I have probably owned more Bows in 41 years than you have shot
Gee. Since you said that.....that changes everything....lol.

Last edited by GMMAT; 01-10-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Sorry Guys! I'm entitled to my opinion, same as anyone. Don, You remember those PM's you sent me about **** maybe I should refresh your memory.

I think everyone is Smart enough to read the Facts I laid out, and make their own decisions. Like I said a lot of Good Bows out there. Better every year!!

I shoot what I like, and always will!

I am thinking of Hunting with a Sling Shot next year, buying a camera, and taking pics of everything I kill, toad frogs, squirrels, bunnies, etc. Boy Everything would be a Trophy then!

Dan
Me to....and the sling shot thing is awesome.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're just being antagonistic, Dan. I've never said or implied otherwise. You're entitled to your opinion, like anyone else. But when they're rarely complimentary of your competitor's products (or their customers), it just (IMO) gets a little old. I'm entitled to my opinion, also.

Gee. Since you said that.....that changes everything....lol.
Sorry Jeff! I know you would Not intentionally imply that my opinion means nothing

As far as my experience compared to yours? Well you're right............................there is none.

I'm glad you are thinking of getting back into compounds otherwise I know this subject wouldn't interest you

As far as running down a product? Just because you recommend one or have an opinion that one works better or is better for Me does Not mean I am running the other product down.

It's Truly Amazing! Guess I'll punch the ITI button again

Dan
Old 01-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hardcorehunter
Lol..not under attack. It is just the same ole same ole stuff that wears thin on many of us. A guy comes on and asks what kind of bow should I get. It is always the same corporate staff advisers that suggest they buy a bow from the company they get kickbacks from. Then, if someone posts an issue with that bow maker that they have seen or know 1st hand knowledge about, the same corporate guys come running in and call the guy or guys a basher for bringing it to light, they claim that the issue is non existent and not an issue and that those that feel that it is an issue, should shut up and go sit in the corner. MOTOWNHONKEY and some other member here last week stated that this is why they will NEVER buy a Bowtech.Then these same corporate staff advisers come on and post a review of a new bow from the company they represent, and without opening the thread we all know how magic this new bow is. Of course it is, it is from a company that the corporate adviser or bow dealer financially benefits from. Most of us, on the other hand, only rave and review about a product we ACTUALLY like, and don't benefit financially. These are the reviews that have merit. Believe me, if there was no Bowtech dealer within 200 miles of these corporate advisers, they would still gladly drive to get one, as they want their corporate titles, kickbacks, and freebies. They also wish they didn't have to send their bows to dip shops to get Predator camo, as no one enjoys this hassle and warranty void.

Are you okay with Kevin attacking members on AT who ask questions on his bows Don?

Many posted on the Strothers bow thread that they will NEVER buy a Strothers for the unprofessional way he attacks people. Does that sit okay with you?

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 01-10-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry Jeff! I know you would Not intentionally imply that my opinion means nothing
Never said it meant "nothing". Did I imply it might be "jaded"? Sure. I'd listen to Andy Pettit's opinion on the Red Sox, too. But I'd expect it to be heavily jaded (read - Pro-Yankees), and weigh it, accordingly. I don't expect you to say anything resoundingly positive about a competitor's product....any more than I expect you to say anything negative about it (or their customers). Professionalism and common courtesy in business is good business.

As far as my experience compared to yours? Well you're right............................there is none.
Why you feel the incessant need to post things like the above is beyond me. It's completely irrelevant in this (or any) discussion. Ad hominem attacks are tactics people utilize when their points have little to no merit.

Are you okay with Kevin attacking members on AT who ask questions on his bows Don?

Many posted on the Strothers bow thread that they will NEVER buy a Strothers for the unprofessional way he attacks people. Does that sit okay with you?
IF he did this, it would change how I feel about his (or any) company. HUGE emphasis on "IF".

But even if he did....

It rings a little hollow when you're standing behind a goat....with your underwear and pants bunched up around your ankles to be screaming.....

....."Hey look.....the other guy's boinkin' a goat"!

Last edited by GMMAT; 01-10-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, If you think my opinion is jaded you have a right to think what you want, but............................................... .

You are Wrong! I know you can read! Is Comprehension the Problem?

Like I said I shoot what's Best for me and that is and has been BowTech since 03. If I get my hands on something I feel is better then you can bet what I am shooting will be changing. $$, benefits, whatever has No more to do with my decisions than it does anyone else. Less than most on the forums actually do the position I am in!

Dan
Old 01-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Dominant Buck

What was the name of this thread, again?

How did we get "here"? What are some posters doing "here"? And was it necessary?
Old 01-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

IF he did this, it would change how I feel about his (or any) company. HUGE emphasis on "IF".

It's still in black and white and easy to find but I'll be damn'd if I could find anywhere where this question was even directed at you.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Rob:

It's located right below Hardcore's invitation to you to join his thread on Strothers Archery.

Quote - Poorguy
2 questions.

1. When will the pictures actually be added to their website and the website actually update?

2. There is no phone number for contact on Strothers' website. Is that a concern for the fan base? Bowtech seems to be slammed because of this.

Thanks for you time.
Rob:

What was your intention in saying what you did (bolded)? Was this a Bowtech thread on AT?

Last edited by GMMAT; 01-10-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.