Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3 or more pins?

Old 12-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kyhunter93
3 pins. 20( the 10 and 20 aare usually the same, depending on your draw weight and length) 30 and 40. I do use a level, I find that I do check it quite often.
Yeah, I don't think I should shoot much farther than 40, as my bow is only 42 lbs. (Shoulder surgery has limited my draw weight for now). When I was shooting at 40 yards, there was a pretty dramatic arc to the shot, and I have to wonder how much energy I'd have beyond that.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

if you want a great sight.. and wanna soend a lttle bit of money.. take a look at the G5 optimx XR its a 3 pin sight.. with a 4th floating pin that can be adjusted to any yardage up to 70 just by using the adjustment knob. personally i love mine. i was a little skeptical about the 4th pin , wondering if i would have time to even adjust it in a situation, but i figure anything outside of 40 yards is only for practice shooting unless i go out west. but the sight is great. i have the 3 pins sighted in 10/20 , 30, 40, and i just move the floating pin to the bottom and out of the way