Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Beman ICS Hunters

Old 06-06-2003, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Beman ICS Hunters

Anyone here use these arrows for hunting. I would love to hear about them. Are they durable, shoot well, etc... Also if anyone knows the straightness tolerances I would greatly appreciate those as well.

Old 06-07-2003, 05:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Beman ICS Hunters

They' re straight enough, they' re tolerable.... and they kill deer. Are they indistructable? NO, but they aren' t bad. I really have no problems with them. Been shooting deer with ICS 340s with 125 Thunderheads on the end for the last few years.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:28 AM

I used the Beman ICS Hunter shafts last fall for hunting & they workd very well for me. They shot good, proved to be durable, and don' t cost that much. I was happy with their performance using mechanical heads on deer. I found I got good groups out to 40 yards and think they make a great arrow for hunting deer. I have been experimenting with a lot of carbon arrows in the last few years and this is how I rank them.

1. ACC' s - they are the best hunting arrrow on the market in my opinion!
2. Carbon Express CX shaft - from my testing they perfrom great, are durable, and shoot awsome!
2. Beman ICS Hunter & Vapor ACA Black shaft - I have found these two shafts are just about the same in perfromance. The Beman might be a little more durable.
3. Vapor ACA Camo shafts - same perfromance as the black shaft with a more durable finish than the Bemans or Eastons.

Of course everyone seems to find something that works for them so you need to do the same! see if you pro shop has a few spares laying around from the various companies & try one of each till you find the arrow you really like the best!
Old 06-07-2003, 07:45 AM

Had ICS, now CX, dont know why, they just didn' t feel " right" [X(]. Also shot ACC' s, loved them but I wanted an arrow that would not keep a " bend" when it hit things. Because of the alluminum insert, they acted just like an alluminum arrow, when bent, they stayed bent.[:@]
Old 06-07-2003, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the feedback. I have always used either Goldtip or Carbon express and I have no complaints with them but Mountain Archery has Camo Beman ICS Hunters on sale for about 35 bucks a dozen unfletched and only 39 bucks a dozen cut and fletched with inserts installed. 39 bucks for a dozen finished carbon arrows (if they are of any quality at all) is hard to pass up.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot the ICS hunter 400 with 100gr wasp and killed three deer last year. I do alot of target practicing and have found they hold up well.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I started using the ICS 340s this past year after using Carbon Express for several years. I have no complaints about them. Quite the contrary actually.....the are very consistant in straightness and weight...and very durable overall. I have not had any of the nock-end splitting problems even without installing the uni-busing.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:41 AM

I used 31" Beman Hunter Carbon 4000' s last year and loved them. They have an awsome finish which makes them entirely silent when drawing across your arrow rest. They shoot great, and as Frank said, they have very good consistancy. These things are TOUGH. I tested one by shooting it into a tree that was froze solid (this winter we had a month of weather between -30 and 5 degrees. Well, I pushed the field point into the shaft, with just one small crack. I was figuring that it would break or blow up considering that I was shooting it into a tree that was rock solid.

I managed to blow one up and that was because I shot it at 302 f.p.s. right smack into the metal post that runs in my 3-D targets leg.

I switched to BlackHawk Vapors this year, simply to try something new. I figure that if I don' t like them, then I will be getting some Beman ICS Hunter 340' s and the BlackHawks will be used as decoration pieces (they were custom made with American Flag EZE crest, red white and blue vanes and a white nock.