Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow scope

Old 06-06-2003, 08:06 PM

Default bow scope

i have a bsa red dot scope on my bow and it is just great. i' m wondering how many of you out there use a scope on your bow. it really helps with my follow thru.i must watch the arrow hit the target thru the scope after release.does this work for the rest of you?
Old 06-06-2003, 08:32 PM

Default RE: bow scope

I use one for 300 league, its a 6 power super-d. I shoot slow heavy arrows indoors, and you can see the arrow hit the X in the target. If I cant see the arrow hit through the scope I know that im not following through. I dont like a lens on my hunting bow or my 3-D bow, they seem to glare in the sun.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hubby got me a 4X super scope with the clarifier peep and the Toxonics sight and being a glasses wearer its really nice to see so much clearer nice and up close.
For me there are a few draw backs at 3D for me also, the glare, Rain and shooting in low light or a dark 3D target set down a dark lane.With the 4x scope on 3D dark target in a dark lane I completly lose the target, and if im lucky I wont be the 1st shooter in the group so I have to hope my fellow archers are shooting light nocks and have one in the 12 for me to aim at cause a light nock is the only thing I see. Im looking at getting a 2x scope, havent tried one yet.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I just put a 2x Powerlens on my TR micro Matrix. I believed it has helped my shooting quite a bit as I have begun questioning my eyesight. Was just wondering if there was anyone out there hunting with a scope? I was thinking about trying it and throwing some rain-x anti fog on the lens. Only problem could be glare.