Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dad brought up good points.......

Old 06-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default dad brought up good points.......

what can i say?? my dad was right.....just like parents usually are....even if i buy a bow rather cheap id still not have enough money left within my 3 months and a few weeks before i will be buying my truck...all the things i need to bowhunt would add up...bow and accessories..release...arrows....heads...targets.. ..stand...camo...boots...i need just about everything to bowhunt....sure i can get away without some of it and get cheaper things but id still spend alot of money.......im going to work all summer buy my truck and then start saving for my bow....i thought i had it all planned out....but a couple hundred bucks down on a truck just wont cut it...i much rather have the truck so i can get a new job and so i can go places myself without worrying about taking someones car...guess all my fall will be spent looking for a big buck that i will have agood chance at in rifle season....when the time comes i will get my bow...and instead of finding a cheap way out i will take all your advice and goto the proshop and shoot every bow i can...then pick one and accessorize it with top notch parts......no sense in going cheap now..he says if i want i can get a bow....he told me i can order the bow i showed you on ebay....but all the points he brought up got me thinking...by the time the summers over i wont have to much cash left for a truck.....kinda makes me mad...i really wanted to start bowhunting this year....but i have to wait yet another year......thanx alot for all the info...i will use it all...thanx for putting up with all my posts and helping me out...man i cant stand the fact dad was right...but just think if i didnt listen....id have a bow but no way to bowhunt lol...thanx alot guys....ill be shopping this winter i guess...that would be the best time to get good deals when the 2004s are coming in and they are getting rid of the 2003s...thanx guys...
Old 06-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: dad brought up good points.......

mauser 06

I emailed you.Good luck on your quest.
Old 06-07-2003, 12:11 AM

Default RE: dad brought up good points.......

Better to have a well thought out and executed plan than to make a hasty move and wind up with nothing!!! P.S. parents are usually always right!!!
Good luck and the Whitetails will still be there waiting for you!!!