Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

replacing a kisser button

Old 06-06-2003, 12:30 PM

Default replacing a kisser button

how hard is it to replace a kisser button. i had my bow perfect and then my brother in law cam over and wanted to shoot it well he grabbed the string and yanked on it before i could stop him and ripped my kisser button off. luckily he couldn' t even pull it back so nothing was messed up but my kisser. the local shop will put one on for $15 but i can buy one for $3 and i was wondering if i need to let him do it, or if they are pretty simple to do myself. is there a trick or special tool that you need?
Old 06-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: replacing a kisser button

Most kisser buttons you can buy at a local sporting goods store or archery shop.Most come with a metal clip the go' s either above the kisser or below it,you will need a set of knockset pliers to install the metel ring so it doesn' t slip up the string or fly off when you shoot an arrow.I would find another shop to deal with,$15 is a little steep for 5 minutes of work,the local shop I deal with would probably put a new one on for 5 bucks!Including the kisser.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:00 PM

it is very easy, I did mine myself. Like ken rose said, you cna buy them from your local sporting goods store and you cna test it your self to see where you need it and then you just have to clamp it down. Its that simple.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:02 PM

Rack,
It' s very simple,I did it the other night.Hint-just don' t crimp down clips until you draw,it' s easier if someone is there to move it until your comfortable.$15 is ridiculous if a proshop is looking for your business!
Old 06-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

15 BUCKS.... WHAT a rip off!!!

Like the other guys said no need for taking your bow to the shop for putting a kisser on just make sure you get the right size.

BTW that aint a Pro shop that is a highway robbery in progress[:@]
Old 06-06-2003, 02:36 PM

I just used bow string material and tied a kisser in the same way you would if you were tying on a new nocking point.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:05 PM

JUST BE SURE TO PLACE IT IN THE SAME SPOT! THIS IS YOUR ANCHOR SPOT TO ALIGN THE ARROW TO YOUR TARGET.I USE A KISSER INSTEAD OF A PEEP SIGHT SO IT WOULD BE CRITICAL TO ME IF I DID NOT WANT TO HAVE TO MOVE MY SIGHT OR ANCHOR POINT.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

I dont know where you guys go, I go to gander mt or scheels they are right
across the street from each other they do all my work for free if I buy it from them
If one has the item cheaper I will go to the otherone and tell them and they will beat the price no matter what. competition is GREAT.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:04 PM

i would do it myself it is simple and i would never go back to that shop because they are on DRUGS!!!!!!!! [>:]