Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Swhacker Broadhead?

Old 12-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Spike

Default Hank

I think he must own part of the company. Like maybe he get 10% on each pack of Swhacker sold?

That would make sense. Maybe they think he has a strong hunting following as well.

I do trust BHP they have not done me wrong so far. I am still gonna Swack something
Old 12-19-2009, 06:04 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

I've used Sonorans for several years. I like the design, and they fly very well. Killed one hog with them; it only went ten yards.

Be advised that the "100 grain" heads actually weigh 108 grains, which isn't a big difference from your 100 grain field points at any reasonable distance.

Also, make sure that you sufficiently heat up the shrink tube so it grips TIGHT. Or make sure you don't stab the heads too deep into the quiver foam. (I did that once. The loose shrink tube slipped off the head, stayed in the quiver, which caused the blades to deploy in flight.)
Old 12-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Spike

Default Mech

yeah It seems that as long as you are shooting 60+ LBS then a mech broadhead should be fine.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:46 AM
Spike

Default Shooting through PLYWOOD?

Do you think it could actually do this?
Old 12-26-2009, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

dear datplanet:

Can you buy me a set with your employee discount?
Old 12-26-2009, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls
They have been making that broadhead for 20 years or so. It just costs twice as much as it did a couple of years ago now that they hired a "pro staff".

Before the had pros and fancy packaging most hunters thought the idea was absurd to have the blades open up after initial penetration.

Just goes to show you what a "celebrity" can do for you and how easily people are influenced.

Sonoran broadheads was the old name.
http://www.sonoranbowhunting.com/
Maybe, I can't tell for sure. They look to me like they might be a blend of the Sonoran design and the Rocky Mountain Snyper design. It looks to me that the Sonoran design was a conventional mechanical as far as the opening mechanism - they just sharpened the "back end" s.t. they got a cutting edge on the part of the blade that pushed the blade open. The Shwacker seems to be a rear opening blade - the blades get pushed down and out (like the Snyper) rather than flipping over and out (like conventional mechanicals).
Old 12-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Spike

Default Hank

He must make a ton of cash from Swhacker...
Old 12-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe, I can't tell for sure. They look to me like they might be a blend of the Sonoran design and the Rocky Mountain Snyper design. It looks to me that the Sonoran design was a conventional mechanical as far as the opening mechanism - they just sharpened the "back end" s.t. they got a cutting edge on the part of the blade that pushed the blade open. The Shwacker seems to be a rear opening blade - the blades get pushed down and out (like the Snyper) rather than flipping over and out (like conventional mechanicals).
Like I said, you get to pay twice as much for exactly the same broadhead made by exactly the same company that made them before they started paying Hank Parker and his sons to shoot them.

http://www.sonoranbowhunting.com/