Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Many Bowhunt Moose???

Old 06-05-2003, 03:12 PM

Default How Many Bowhunt Moose???

Just wondering how many bowhunt moose and where? I hunt in Ontario and this will be my 3rd year.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:41 PM

Default RE: How Many Bowhunt Moose???

I tried last year but was unsuccessful...I will have to do my homework this year and get out and locate some bulls before the season opens.

Nice Moose by the way.

Old 06-05-2003, 05:04 PM

I would love to come up to Canada to hunt moose.. A little out of my league at the moment.. matter of fact any paid hunt is outta my league..[:-] LOL
Old 06-05-2003, 05:53 PM

In my fleeting youth about 30 years ago I hunted North of Chapleau. Always a good time but on one trip some gun hunters shot my bull as it left the river heading to within 25 yards of my stand. [:' (]
Old 06-06-2003, 08:40 AM
nub

Unit 15a in Ontario.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:44 AM

I have a hard enough time dragging those 120 lb bucks.[X(]
How do you get that thing out of the woods?[]

Old 06-06-2003, 10:59 AM

been appling here in nh for a few years haven' t got picked yet but theres always this year
Old 06-06-2003, 05:10 PM

I wish I could go moose hunting but right now the only I chance I will get is if one happens to get lost and comes walking down one of my Mississippi deer trails. HAHA
Old 06-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Never have but always wanted to.
Want to swap an elk hunt for a moose hunt? LOL
elknut1
Old 06-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkman, you can' t show a picture like that and not have a story. Did you stalk it and at how far was it when you shot and how far did it run after you stuck it? Don' t leave us hanging, inquireing minds want to know.
Nub, what size counterweight did you have on the tractor?
Benhuntin, the way I would get a moose that size out of the woods is first field dress it and then throw it over my shoulders and carry it out of the bush. Its just too heavy if you don' t field dress it first.[&:]

Elknut, next year apply for a non-resident tag here and I' ll put you on some of those swamp donkies, your not too far away, but I must say getting drawn is the tough part as I have been applying for over 3 yrs and get additional bonus points from previous years accumilated. The sad part about this is I see the damn things in my yard from time to time and saw a small bull in velvet as I was comeing up the drive a couple weeks ago. Figures.

Quick Reply: How Many Bowhunt Moose???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.