Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 06-05-2003, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit tree stands... your opinions, good or bad

SUMMIT=THE BEST!!
Old 06-05-2003, 05:50 AM

JUST MY OPINION ON CLIMBERS:

ANY climber that has the seat attatched to the top part (not the base) is JUNK in my opinion. Take a Cougar Claw for instance...the seat is attached to the base. You stand...it don' t shift because all of your weight was already on it.

Most of these other climbers mentioned above...are nowhere' s near as sturdy when you put your weight to your feet. The ones with the seats fixed to the top part of a climber...they are how most accidents happen. The base shifts which suprizes people or throws off thier balance sometimes.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

I have always liked my Summit Viper. Comfortable, quiet, sturdy, and easy to set up. Best climber I have owned.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:09 PM

I never really liked climbers. I was always a fan of the hang-on stands, and have about 35 of them. Last year, my girlfriend bought me a Viper XLS and it convinced me I had some serous misconceptions about climbers. I really like the stand. However, if you are going to be bowhunting, you might want to look at the Cobra. The front bar on the Viper can get in the way on close shots. I bought a Cobra last winter and can' t wait to use it this year. I haven' t been using them for long, but I didn' t have a problem with the base shifting when I stood. Wear your harness and you' ll be fine.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

summit cobra, best stand I' ve ever owned!

one thing to think about, API is importing their stands now.
not sure I would trust a foreign weld.[]
Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 PM

Another one for Summit. I have two vipers that I bow hunt out of. the front bar has never gotten in my way on any shot. I find them easy to pack, setup and climb with. They are also comfortable, I like the fact that I can back right up to the trunk of the tree when I stand up. I feel secure in the viper no matter how high I climb. I own other brands of climbers and I use all of them, but the Summit viper is the easier one to use for me.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:08 PM

Does anyone remember the Summit Saber 2, or the summit shooter2??? (I think thats the name) One has a small seat on it... with nothing around you.. its a climber...
I have to old ones that I thought about using again.. They' re sitting in a shed right now so idont know what kinda shape their in..