Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Winter Kill may be worse then i thought!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Arrow Winter Kill may be worse then i thought!

Most of us in Eastern Washington, have started are late Archery season. myself and my dad (and im sure most of us in washington state) have seen a harsh winter kill from the 08 winter. this year i have spent more time then any of the last couple of years trying to find were and when the deer are hitting the fields, and or passing under or near are stands. well im sure most of the eastern washington archery hunters are diffently seeing a big change this year the reports are that some areas are seeing about 50-65% winter kill of whitetail and varius game. this year i have gone through alot of batteries (to cheap to by the good cameras). the wierdest thing i have been seeing is the buck activity what i mean by that is the area that i hunt the bucks dont come out look around and go back into the woods! Pre rut is what i thought, but its not the bucks arent chasing any does and the bucks dont care that there eating with the does, very ver very strange for around here...... so my point is if there truly was a harsh winter kill could there be a change in the whitetails attitude towards other whitetails? thanks guys! and Gals!