Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Saunder' s " Deadly Quiet" ?

Old 06-02-2003, 10:56 AM

Default Saunder' s " Deadly Quiet" ?

Has anyone tried this type of string silencer. It attaches to the cable guard rod and the string hits the dampening material.

http://www.sausa.com/pp7.html
Old 06-02-2003, 12:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Saunder' s " Deadly Quiet" ?

I have not tried it specifically but I have tried the NAAG Shockstop which is similar in design. It definitely does deaden string noise and vibration but I did not use it long enough to comment on its durability or its affect on the bowstring. I just sent two out to fellow board members so maybe they can comment on it shortly.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:59 PM

I' m also quite interested in the effectiveness of this type of product. Looking forward to some feedback from a user.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

PAbowhunter, I would like to thank you for the shockstopper.
However, it will not work on any of my 3 bows. It seems to brace height specific (it came off an ~7," bow if I' m not mistaking) as all of my bows do not have enough room for it (it would be way outside of the string).

It could quiet possibly work on my Mightymite, except the cable strings are backwards. The rear most string on the mm is the one that sticks out the furthest from the cable guard. This is opposite of the shockstoppers set up, and opposite of my other two bows. I tried reversing the order, but my cable looked way out of center when I did that.
The bowtec slide could have been set up upside down, but I doubt it seeing how the bowtec name is on top.

I ended up putting an alpine slide glide on it and it drew smoother, but I' m not sure I saw a definite fps change. Maybe one. (265 now instead of 264)

I wonder if the deadly quiet would get tangle up in a drop aways string???

It looks as if you could configure it to hit below the nock or above the nock if you wanted. I' m seriously thinking on getting one.

The pearson buzz buster looks promising, but I don' t think there' s enough room on my rod for one between the cable slide at full draw and the end of the rod.