Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Barnett crossbow bolts ??

Old 11-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Spike

Default Barnett crossbow bolts ??

first post here but been hunting for 48 years--have a new Barnett crossbow with 22" carbon fiber bolts and sighting it in with with 125gn field points after the first shot the inserts came out of 5 out of 6 arrows when removed from the target--common problem or not--using a new morrells crossbow target for field points--the arrows pull out very easy--thanks
Old 11-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Spike

should have posted in technical
Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

What are inserts?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:09 AM
NTO
Spike

Sounds like they used a bad glue or even a hot melt. Crossbow bolts create alot of heat when going into a target that they can soften the glue that shops use, in return pulling out your insert. I recommend using a insert glue such as Insert Iron or something comparable. Never had an insert come out yet, nor will you ever.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by NTO
Sounds like they used a bad glue or even a hot melt. Crossbow bolts create alot of heat when going into a target that they can soften the glue that shops use, in return pulling out your insert. I recommend using a insert glue such as Insert Iron or something comparable. Never had an insert come out yet, nor will you ever.
thanks--now my problem is the inserts are burried in my target
Old 11-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

What are inserts?
Are you serious???

In my experience, anything Barnett is crap. I got my boy an RC-150 and the cable snapped inside 50 shots. My buddy's blew up on him while shooting it. Lucky he wasn't hurt.

Probably cheap glue in your case. Either do it yourself or have a pro-shop put new ones in with quality glue.

This also happens to guys who have arrows made at places like Dick's
Old 11-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Are you serious???

In my experience, anything Barnett is crap. I got my boy an RC-150 and the cable snapped inside 50 shots. My buddy's blew up on him while shooting it. Lucky he wasn't hurt.

Probably cheap glue in your case. Either do it yourself or have a pro-shop put new ones in with quality glue.

This also happens to guys who have arrows made at places like Dick's
according to Barnett , the bolts are made by easton--i had another set i removed all the inserts and used epoxy and problem solved except i have 5 bolts with no inserts till i get to Billings--the new Quad AVI is a shootin sob--very happy with the crossbow---and Barnett is sending a new set of bolts at no charge--excellent service
Old 11-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess they're working to improve their image.

I like the way they shoot, but the quality and fit and finish weren't top notch.