Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 PA 8pointers down my buddy and i score

Old 11-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Spike

Default 2 PA 8pointers down my buddy and i score

after a long season me and my buddy finally hook up with some bucks! he is the son of one of my uncles real good friends and after talking to his dad he let him take a day off highschool to come hunt with me, he is only 16 (matt) and being almost 20 i dont hang out with him much but we both love archery, he is acutally using my old bowtech tomcat i gave him because i couldnt bear to watch it collect dust. so i picked him up and figured if nothing else we should have some fun out there

then on tuesday morning we get set up and the weather was perfect we set up about a 80 yards apart on a stream bed that i had been seeing bucks running through. he was on one side of the stream on a ridge side and i was on the other in the flat. about 8am i hear him shoot and a buck comes crashing through right to me. i can see blood coming from his gut region and i grab my bow and yell and he stops at 15 yards i drilled him with a double lung hit and watch him pile up. matt came over and said he had hit him bad and watched me hit it and it pile up and if i wanted it he was my deer i ensured him that his hit would have killed the buck and i had no intentions of taking this buck from him that it was all his. he was extremely excited as it was his biggest buck he had ever shot. when we got to him the buck was hit excatly where i thought his shot to the gut and mine tight to the shoulder. my other buddy jason who was home droping his buck off from psu came over and helped drag him out

we got him back to my uncles garage got him hung and i skinned it fast as my buddy's fried up some loins my uncle had out for us. my best friend, a new hunting buddy, my grandpa came over, and myself all sat around joking and telling stories and i couldnt have asked for a better morning to a day i thought would always be marked in my calander as a great day

then me and matt set out for a night hunt i set him a on spot that normally has some doe and a lot of turkeys because he really wanted a turkey and had 2 doe tags left then i headed down to the tree i was in the am.

i climbed up and just got settled in about 15 mins went by and i was reaching to grab my rattle bag when i see a buck heading in. he got to 30 yards broadside and i had one tiny limb about 10 yards infront of me, i debated trying a shot but i said to myself "this has been a great day lets just see what plays out" the buck ended up getting on the blood trail from the early buck and followed it right to the gut pile and started getting nervious i grunted and he turned and came running in. he got behind a tree at twent yards and as i drew i hit my bow on my tree stand arm he stoped behind the tree for about 2 mins not knowning what he heard he just stood there not stomping or too nervious just kinda acted like what the heck was that. as i was just about to let down he stepped out looking right at me and i figured he would take another step and be mine..a min goes by...then another im shaking so bad at this point i thought "well i cant hold it any longer if i let down he is gone" i brought the pin to the center of his chest and took a deep breath my pin settled right where it needed to be and i shot i watched my arrow fly perfectly to where i wanted and barry deep into the deer's chest. he turned and ran with his head just barely off the ground and kept piling up, front flipping and getting up i watched him pile up 7 times before going down for good about 100 yards above me. not a shot ive ever taken before or would recomend but thankfully it worked very hard quartering too shot almost head on

as i got up to him he had bubbles coming out of his entry hole, the shot went between the two shoulders, hit heart lungs and logged in the guts...as you can see i had my rally cap on

i didnt have my camera on me in the am so i never got a picture of my buddy with his all i have is the two racks cut off mine on the right his on the left

i have one other picture on his phone of the two of us holding out bucks together ill try to get and get up here

but what a day in the woods! something ill remember forever
Old 11-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a great day bud, im glad i could be part of it as it will be a day to remember.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

congrads nice bucks
Old 11-09-2009, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. Nice touch; the racks at the dinner table! LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks, Great day!!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats to you both...