Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thank you Trophy Blend, PA public 8 pt down

Old 11-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Spike

Default Thank you Trophy Blend, PA public 8 pt down

Well frustration turned into elation!! I had gone out a few times earlier in the season, passing on a couple of does waiting for Mr Big to walk by. I was pumped because of the sign I had seen and having this past Thursday and Friday off. Anyway, I went to my "honey hole" in a local state park (bow only), only to find a hang on stand with climbing sticks in the tree I was going to use. I was p***** because its illegal. So I hunted another tree about 10 yds away, just waiting to give the guy a piece of my mind, but he didn't show. Only saw a non-legal 3 pt ( has to be 3/side in this part of Pa) and that was the end of my hunt. So, I went out on Friday with high hopes. This time, I moved to another tree where I had taken a 7pt a couple yrs ago, only to find another hang on stand 15 yrs away. P****d me off more. Very windy and cold, nothing moving early, I decided to take a nap in the car and try a different spot for a afternoon hunt. It was still windy, so I made sure I moved about 50 yds south of where I knew they would come out. First time actually using the wind. I walked after putting Trophy Blend Herd on the bottom of my boots, periodically refreshing as I walked. I got situated and waited, grunting and turning over the bleat can once in a while. Getting a bit bored and frustrated I hear a noise to the left of me. It was a squirrel but something caught my eye. It was a nice buck tearing up a tree. It was unbelievable to see this. He looked like a propellar. I grunted several times to get his attention, nothing. A couple times again along with a snort wheeze, nothing. One last time and he finally looked up. With his head down the whole way, he covers the 60 yds in 2 minutes following the exact path that I used walking to the tree. He definately smelled the Herd scent. He gets to 10 yds and I drew, still unsure which way he was going to turn. He makes a little left, ends up quartering away at 5 yds and that was it. Shot was perfect. He takes off, and 10 seconds later I hear the crash. I looked down and see my arrow completely bloody and a nice blood where he was when I shot. I knew it was over for him. The blood was decent, not great but I found him 30-35 yds away. Anyway, there was a bit of ground shrinkage, but I am very happy. This is the 4th buck for me in the past 5 yrs. To see him make the rub, then follow the scent I laid down was unbelievable. I am a true believer in Trophy Blend products. Thanks Mark from a happy Pa hunter.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Thank you Trophy Blend, PA public 8 pt down-november-2009-072.jpg  

Last edited by WTDoc; 11-07-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Spike

Nice buck! Congrats!
Old 11-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck. congrats and nice job
Old 11-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Spike

Congrats!!
Old 11-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Nice.

Good buck, congratulations.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a great buck. One that will be remembered for a long time.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Spike

Nothing wrong with him. Congrats and good story.

Chad
Old 11-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Spike

Congrats on the nice buck, along with a great story to go with it.. And it is sounding like you are having a good success rate while hunting on public ground..