Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Welll thats odd but good.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Welll thats odd but good.

First i will admit i do not shoot my broadheads enough. I fired one with practice blades three times. It may not have been deadon but it hit where i was aiming i was just off . Well i broke a blade when i missed a squrrial the otherday so i went for some new blades. Well i noticed a pack of practice blades by them selfs. I bought some. I hit the range today 30 yards first one is off to the left. At first i am thinking it is off might be a tuning issue or the broadheads just shootoff. Second dead on middle of the heart. Infact it is the first dead on shot. I am getting good groups just normaly there in the lung alittle high. I was thinking my sights alittle high. Third shot dead on over alittle to the heart. Got both the heart and the lung. So i pull the arrows but the one in the leg bent a blade. no biggy i had enough for 6 broadheads.

On the second set two where heart/lung shots one was lung. Good groups some of my best yet. The wind was picking up so i figured i had done enough damage to the glendale full rut's block. I also went down a back road home and found a new spot to hunt.

have you ever had broadheads shoot better then field points. Or could it be that i was just having a good day shooting. Any way seems the two misses and the leg shot was the issue with shooting the wrong pin and the fact gander left my sight loose. So i am now 100% sure my setup is perfect now all i need is a cronograph to check my speed.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't worry about the chronograph, IMO.

As for the broadheads, you're asking for trouble by shooting groups with them. No need to ruin arrows and heads by hitting them together. I only take one shot at a time with broadheads, no groups. If you end up hitting your other arrow, you could break a broadhead inside your target, and then you have that piece of metal in there for good. At least your gear seems to be shooting better. Now make it worth the effort on a deer!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

It sounds like your ready for battle killer! Good luck out there, and stay safe.