Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Haloween Miss

Old 11-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Haloween Miss

last saturday (Haloween) i was hunting across the road from my buddies house. about a quarter mile back. i had never deer hunted there but i had been back there before and i knew there were deer back there. i was in the stand right before the legal shooting time. i sat there for about 45 minutes and had only seen a squirrel. my buddy was 200 yards away and texted me to tell me he was getting out of the stand to do some small game hunting with his crossbow. hes not a very patient hunter. the least patient hunter i know. at 8:15 i stood up to look around and a see a BIG buck coming toward my stand. ( 10 minutes earlier i did a buck roar and a wheeze. im guessing thats what got him to head my way) i grabbed my bow ( i was actually using my grandpas old warthog because my bus cable was broken) the buck was gonna walk right behind the stand. i drew the bow back but once i did that he seemed to take forever to get to the shooting lane. when he did i tried to stop him. had to do 2 mouth bleats. he stopped slightly quartering away at 10-12 yards. i wasnt thinking and guessed he was 15 yards. i used my 15 yard pin and released the arrow only for him to duck. the arrow was headed straight for the top of his shoulder only to hit the leaves behind him... he will haunt me forever...