Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: How many tags?
4.26%
8.51%
10.64%
6.38%
4.26%
12.77%
8.51%
Unlimited
44.68%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

How many tags: Poll

Old 11-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wisconsin, in the last couple years has been changing the limit, some years its one buck with each weapon bow\ml\regular firearm. This year its one buck plus as many doe tags as you want to buy (unit specific, until they sell out-not likely). Other years its shoot a doe before you can shoot a buck, we also have a dec. doe only season and ocasionally a oct. doe season.
Here, it seems to be mostly political and always completely confusing.

As to Minnesota, I grew up there hunting in Zone 1 South of Grand Rapids (HIll City). For quite a few years, we had to apply for either sex tags, other wise it was one buck only for the season no matter what the weapon.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Dominant Buck

In Md, I can get 6 bucks and unlimited does. The bucks are spread across the bow, muzzle loader and gun seasons and actually the does are limited during the two gun seasons if that really matters. I don't remember what the actual limits are during those seasons because I've shot 10+/- a few years and got sick of dealing with the kills.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

PA--1 buck per license year. No matter what weapon. SUCKS.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

I can shoot unlimted antlerless in my county in MD. I can shoot 2 bucks per season, but I would have to buy a bonus antler tag to shoot the second per season. I also would have to shoot two does per season before I can shoot the second antlered deer.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse
In Md, I can get 6 bucks and unlimited does. The bucks are spread across the bow, muzzle loader and gun seasons and actually the does are limited during the two gun seasons if that really matters. I don't remember what the actual limits are during those seasons because I've shot 10+/- a few years and got sick of dealing with the kills.

Ditto - and with a farm you get bonus crop damage tags... You can basically shoot one every day...
Old 11-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HuntingEd
Ditto - and with a farm you get bonus crop damage tags... You can basically shoot one every day...
In MD's regs, it says no limit on number of deer that can be taken in one day. Crop damage may be different, I don't know.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned, Antlerless-ONLY tags are unlimited here in IL. However, there is a TWO BUCK limit, regardless of weapon choice of combination of.

Bow tags are over-the-counter and unlimited. They are sold in pairs for $26
Old 11-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
As mentioned, Antlerless-ONLY tags are unlimited here in IL. However, there is a TWO BUCK limit, regardless of weapon choice of combination of.

Bow tags are over-the-counter and unlimited. They are sold in pairs for $26
Thats the way they did it in Va a number of years back. In Md it's wide open with a basic license. There is no shortage of deer here either. I'v seen over 60 deer in my first two hunts this week.