Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow recommends.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

What littlechief said! they all feel different in your hand. I cant shoot a mathews ANY mathews cause they don't feel good to me.

If you have an Athens Archery dealer near you try them out. I love mine!! Most people that shoot it do as well. Only problem is the dealer network is smallish but growing!

Good luck man!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Dont forget to shoot Bowtech, Diamond, and PSE. Which I am not a fan of PSE I hear they shoot really fast. Just some other to try. And make sure to try as many as possible.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Spike

Little Chief, Great advice. So many good ones out there now. As everyone has already said. Go try some and buy the one you like best. I love my Mathews. Have a buddy who bought one and did not like it. He shoots Hoyt now and likes it. I have shot it and like it to. Point is get what you like. I know guys that do not have top of the line bows and kill more than most guys with expensive top of the line equipment. Have fun shopping.

Chad
Old 11-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new Bear bow looks pretty promising. Look it up on their website. Id definately give it a shot if your looking to buy.

If you liked the reflex, you will most likely like the new Hoyts. The draw cycle on the new hoyts is a bit rougher BUT they are AWESOME!!!

Go shoot em!
Old 11-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by drockw
The new Bear bow looks pretty promising. Look it up on their website. Id definately give it a shot if your looking to buy.
There are a few new Bear bows out this year...they all seem to hold promise within their class....especially the Attack and Assault. Would like to shoot those two bows soon. Won't be in the market for a new bow though, unless a rich uncle I am unaware of passes on and leaves me his fortune.