Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer cart

Old 10-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default deer cart

Last year i bought a super mag deer cart from cabelas. Well this spring the wheel got bent. You would think for 150 bucks the wheels would not bend just because it flys out of a truck going 70 miles an hour.
My dad was moving some stuff to our cabin this spring. Well he moved my hauler and did not strap it down. I guess it thought it being steel it would be ok. Well it flow out on the interstate and bent one of the wheels. Maybe the drive shaft. So i was wondering if any of you had a idea as to how i can fix it. I thought about just calling cabelas and seeing what they say. But we all know what there say. WOuld the double wheel kit solve the proplem just end up with one wheel. Or do you have a idea as to who i would call to get just a wheel. Who makes the thing.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
Last year i bought a super mag deer cart from cabelas. Well this spring the wheel got bent. You would think for 150 bucks the wheels would not bend just because it flys out of a truck going 70 miles an hour.
My dad was moving some stuff to our cabin this spring. Well he moved my hauler and did not strap it down. I guess it thought it being steel it would be ok. Well it flow out on the interstate and bent one of the wheels. Maybe the drive shaft. So i was wondering if any of you had a idea as to how i can fix it. I thought about just calling cabelas and seeing what they say. But we all know what there say. WOuld the double wheel kit solve the proplem just end up with one wheel. Or do you have a idea as to who i would call to get just a wheel. Who makes the thing.
About 5 years ago my dad and I were sitting around his pullbarn drinking a few beers and talking about putting in couple two tracks for it would make it easier to get our game out of the woods.. Well within the conversation, He said we should just make a cart and pull them out that way.. So within a few days we had designed and made a cart.. It was made of solid steel with mountain-bike tires.. We have used this cart for everything under the sun--many deer have been carted out of the woods--we have even had 350 pound bears on it... There is hardly no difference between the ones you buy and the one we made, they look about the same.. I would suggest that... Make or mold your own!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
Call Cabelas first, they have always done well by me with things that break. HArd to say in this case, since it is your own fault, but its worth a call. If nothing else, you could get replacement parts for it. Nothing like leaving it until the last possible second to fix it.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lol my plan was not to use it this year. My stand is about 200 yard downa field. SO not to far to drag. But i found a spot i want to muzzy hunt. It is 1/2 a mile down a locked access road. Up a hill. But your right. I have been putting it off for months i talked to the manf. they asked for a reciept hard to give them that since i bought it online and it will not show in my order history. I just told them it was middle of sept of 08 and longer then a year what do you want for the wheel. Though they seemed like they would cover it if it was within the warrenty. Though my word were " it rolled off the back of my truck and bent"
Originally Posted by YooperMike
Call Cabelas first, they have always done well by me with things that break. HArd to say in this case, since it is your own fault, but its worth a call. If nothing else, you could get replacement parts for it. Nothing like leaving it until the last possible second to fix it.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

True i love this cart. I am taking a welding class and the thought hand came to me to make one. I might hit TC and see what i can do there maybe get some wheels and just use thoughs. With a mig welder i should be able to fix it easy enough.
Originally Posted by diamondrack
About 5 years ago my dad and I were sitting around his pullbarn drinking a few beers and talking about putting in couple two tracks for it would make it easier to get our game out of the woods.. Well within the conversation, He said we should just make a cart and pull them out that way.. So within a few days we had designed and made a cart.. It was made of solid steel with mountain-bike tires.. We have used this cart for everything under the sun--many deer have been carted out of the woods--we have even had 350 pound bears on it... There is hardly no difference between the ones you buy and the one we made, they look about the same.. I would suggest that... Make or mold your own!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just use a bolt with a lock nut on it and call it good. I am not sure how it is put together but that should work. That is how we attached our wheels to the one we made.