Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Never seen this before...

Old 10-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Never seen this before...

well i was scouting earlier and i found a good spot for a stand....the odd thing is that i found 2 scrapes right in the middle of the trail....i have never seen that before...there was also 2 rubs as well but usually i see scrapes along field edges and timber edges but not in the middle of a trail in the middle of a timber.....oh btw the place i found starts on one side of a stream and goes through a steam and contines on the other side....i plan on walkin up the steam to be quieter and less noise....anyone ever tried that? i plan on setting up a camera tomorrow and then moving the stand friday or sat...
Old 10-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

yea ive seen scraping before like that, we got a few on a loggin road on our property.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

go for it good scent control for your feet. I saw a rub on one side of a creek and one on the other. Then a scrap on the side i hunted. Never know what there do
Old 10-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

there are a lot of scrapes like this where i hunt. main trails the bucks are running have a bunch of scrapes along them that they freshen up when they take the trail