Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broken string

Old 05-28-2003, 07:36 AM

Default Broken string

Have any of you ever had a string break or know of someone who did. What , if any, injury occured?
Old 05-28-2003, 08:27 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broken string

I had one break years ago walking to my stand. was carrying the bow by the handle with string down so I wasn' t hurt. Sounded like a .22 going off and scared me half to death. Didn' t hurt the bow either.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:46 AM

had one break while practicing in the back yard, arrow hit the target along with the string nocks, no injury to myself or the bow--replaced the string and shot that bow for another year--its actually my bacikup bow now!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:57 AM
Banned

I had a friend who had a string to break. It cut him on the right side of the nose and he had a lil cut on his arm. Sounded like a gun going off. It didnt hurt the bow any. we replaced the string and it took him a while to get back to normal but hes not scared of it anymore.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:24 AM

i had an xi velocity you know the miles keller model with the v max cam on it , well during one day of heavy shooting at the range , during a smoke break ,i was out in the shop ,talking with the owners ,when we hear a boom come from the range, no one else was there at the time , so when we went to see what it was .... the string had broke on my bow , that was the last time i shot that bow (i had various other problems with it ) i sent it back to xi and they traded me even up for the velocity extereme the v max replacement. we found that the rest was set back too far causing the string to wack the adjustment screw on it and that' s what was cutting the string!causing it to break.[X(][X(] thank god no one was injured!the rest was a 3d rover by the way and the bow had a small brace height i don' t remember what it was.

Old 05-28-2003, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a cable break a few years ago when I was practicing in my backyard--LESS THAN ONE WEEK BEFORE OPENING DAY!!!! [][][][:' (]

Fortunately, nobody got hurt, but the arrow went wildly off course and hit my house creating a not-so-nice hole in the siding that I managed to hide from the eventual buyers! []