Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Georgia Deer Hunting?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Georgia Deer Hunting?

So how's a Minnesota boy like me who's never hunted anywhere else get started on finding out about bowhunting (hopefully) for Georgia bucks next October? It's almost certain I'll be going to Atlanta for a tradeshow I'll have to work then and I've been searching for a good spot to try some out of state deer hunting on the front or back end of one of these numerous work trips I always have to make during bow season here.

I've looked at a lot of Web sites looking for a place to do an outiftted or semi-outfitted hunt and it looks like most places bill themselves as a "plantation." Lots of reasonably-priced places to hunt. Some look good some look great. Regardless, I'll be looking for references if I can go to one hopefully. And will explore public land options too like wildlife areas that allow hunting. Any input on selecting a spot or just tips in general regarding Georgia deer hunting (local Web sites, forums, etc.) would be much appreciated. Not trying to be lazy guys, just going straight to the horse's, er buck's mouth, before you tell me what I should have been considering in the first place. Or even where you think I should start looking.

Thanks in advance for any and all input. PMs welcome if you don't want to talk publically about your secret piece of public land or outfitter. lol

P.S. I love hunting and talking to other hunters which is why I love this site. I spent 2 hours talking to a guy sitting next to me on a plane down to New Orleans for a tradeshow a couple of weeks ago that was from Baton Rouge and had just been to Canada duck hunting. He told me about Louisiana and Alabama duck and deer hunting the whole time. It was great
Old 10-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

Um, guys, I wasn't paying enough attention in my exuberance. Looks like the bow season is over in early October and I'd have to gun hunt. I'd prefer using my bow but I just want to hunt. Mods, can you move this to the gun forum?