Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For those of you who......

Old 10-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default For those of you who......

For those of you who process your own deer, do you take the scraps to a locker and have sausage and burger done,or do you do allof it yourself?
Old 10-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

I have seen the condition some people take there deer to the meat cutters .. and to be honest i dont want my venison touching or going through the equipment after them . I grind my own and make my own sausage pepper sticks ... summer sausage and peperoni.Seen deer hung till they were black ... deer stinking of gut shot .... lol even seen a guy drag a deer off a truck with all the innards still in it ... nope i do my own.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do it myself. I have not gotten into making anything other than steaks from the meat. I used to have some done when they were $40 a deer, but the prices jumped about 8 years ago, so I have done all my deer by myself since the price jump.

If you get a meat grinder and some spices, you can probably think up some tasty recipes...good luck.