Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

late pre rut and doe estrous

Old 10-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Spike

Default late pre rut and doe estrous

is it to early to use doe estrous in the pre rut or could you get away with it?
Old 10-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

I usually wait until the last week of Oct. but every area is different.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO its a bit early...

but, that being said, i'll likely be running drags and hanging wicks next late week/weekend atleast once or twice to see what kinda reactions i get...

i know typically the deer up north respond to scents and calls MUCH better than deer around here do...and 2 years ago i called in multiple deer on the 12th and 13th of oct...all with decently heavy rattling and grunting and the can...and listened to a buck make a scrape and pee in it...we'll see what happens this trip...hopefully i can get some activity fired up...its a blast watching deer run down a drag and come blasting into calling...

but i wont over-do it or hit it too hard till i see how they are acting...my guess is they will be decently fired up up there by the time i get up there