Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what is going on this year?

Old 10-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default what is going on this year?

well i hunt in northern mass right on the New Hampshire border and am having a rough opening week. Put all my time in this off season with trailcams and hanging stands and what not i even managed to get a doe tag for zone five and havent been able to even draw back on a deer. all ive seen is two does opening morning and thats it with all day stands scence monday. i got deer a week before season going threw these areas on trail cams and now nada i have 5 stands out ive been rotating and have hunted food sorces and beding areas winds always right these deer are kicking my butt hahaha dont know what to do i decided not to sit all day today and try a differnt stand tonight but tomorrow i leave for army drill and wont hunt till monday ahh opening season blues.

matt c
Old 10-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Spike

sorry, i hope your season gets better soon! hang in there, good luck!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bluetickhunter
well i hunt in northern mass right on the New Hampshire border and am having a rough opening week. Put all my time in this off season with trailcams and hanging stands and what not i even managed to get a doe tag for zone five and havent been able to even draw back on a deer. all ive seen is two does opening morning and thats it with all day stands scence monday. i got deer a week before season going threw these areas on trail cams and now nada i have 5 stands out ive been rotating and have hunted food sorces and beding areas winds always right these deer are kicking my butt hahaha dont know what to do i decided not to sit all day today and try a differnt stand tonight but tomorrow i leave for army drill and wont hunt till monday ahh opening season blues.

matt c
Matt,

You from Winchentucky?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is MA for ya!!!!
stay w/ it... things will change and hopefully get better w/ this colder weather coming in...
Old 10-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

yes hopfuly and yea im from winchendon ma how bout you?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Spike

I believe that a lot of the problem is that there are acorns EVERYWHERE. With such a huge crop, the deer don't have to travel far from their beds to eat.