Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This season sucks

Old 10-15-2009, 04:42 AM
Fork Horn

same here in Ohio...it's pissing me off, just stop raining
Old 10-15-2009, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same thing in Indiana. Every time I've been out this year, with the exception of once, it has rained. This w/e is supposed to be clear and cold though, so we'll see.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 10-15-2009, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

I'm glad we have beans.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dyb3and88
Its like someone opens the gate and lets them out, they flock the fields right after a rain.
Ummmm, this will do me no good since most of the corn around here as well as beans are still up. Thats part of my frustration, I know the deer are here and moving, but with millions of acres of standing corn, its hit or miss wheter you see any.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I have been hunting Jefferson Co pretty hard for being so early in the year. I am off to one of my best starts ever. Deer sightings are way up from last year, number of does on the ground is way up from last year and I thought last year would be hard to beat.

Maybe the thing that is helping me is that we don't have any corn up around us. Everything that was corn last year is in beans this year. While the beans are still standing, the deer are not spending as much time in the fields as they would if it were corn.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

can't be any worse than here in MA!!!!
I'd gladly trade you anyday!!!
Hang in there... you know it will happen.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have nothing but Beans this year (N.E. Ia.) & have only seen 2 does a 100 yds away in 4 trips. Lots of rain also. don't fret fellas, we always get anxious when we see some lucky Bowhunters dropping some nice Bucks. it doesn't happen for everyone. Patience-that's what makes a GOOD Bowhunter, Right??
I have a daughter TRYING to get her 1st shot at a Deer so I'm not shooting at ANYTHING until she does.. Good Luck-it will dry out & the Deer will be coming by those stands...
Old 10-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

I'm in Southern Illinois and I have had great success thus far hunting on big acorn trees and on the edges of uncut bean fields..got a 4 count so far..they are definitely in the woods...however, they have been movin super later down here..Hang in there
Old 10-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Maybe the deer are out and about...who knows, here in East Central Illinois 90% of the crops are still in the field, and with nothing but rain the last 2-3 days and more on the way, it could be middle of November before the deer are back in the woods where they belong.
Could that be my problem as well becaus ei am having terrible luck as well is it cause of the crops still being out cause i have never hunted this early in the season before i have seen 7 deer in 10 sits 20.5 hrs of woulds time those deer were seen during two hunts
Old 10-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

been out twice...1st time it was rainin and i saw 1 squirel and a blakbird in between the rain...the 2nd time was like 50 degrees and saw lots of movement, had a 3 poitn walk within 8 feet of me and 2 does and a med 8 that were toooo far away..so yall jus keep hittin it cause when it rains it pours lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.