Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What the heck

Old 10-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What the heck

Well my brother is working over by our lake cabin near indy. We spent 6 months there between selling our house in sullivan and getting it back. Dam contract!!!

We never saw deer around the house as there are alot of houses there. The neighbor told me last week they saw 2 does and a bucks twice in the back yard. Well my brother was there today and watched 2 does and 2 fawns walk 10 feet from the front door
SO i am hikeing 1/4 mile or so to my stand when i could have been shooting them out my front door
Old 10-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

oh hush! I drive 161 miles to go bowhunting and then hike well over 1/2 mile to my stand once I get there. 1/4 of a mile ain't nothin!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Isn't that the way it alway works out? lol. I have had deer in my front yard, and always have them in my back yard, but once season starts, there gone.
But that wouldn't be much fun if we shot them from our window's, doors and decks. I love to sit in the woods, its more of a thrill to see deer in the woods than it is from my deck and windows.

Last edited by dyb3and88; 10-09-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dyb3and88
Isn't that the way it alway works out? lol. I have had deer in my front yard, and always have them in my back yard, but once season starts, there gone.
But that wouldn't be much fun if we shot them from our window's, doors and decks. I love to sit in the woods, its more of a thrill to see deer in the woods than it is from my deck and windows.

I completly agree