Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Face Paint

Old 10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Spike

Default Face Paint

Anyone on here use face paint to help conceal your head rather than a headcover or headnet? My favorite camo outfit to wear is the Scen-Lok Savannah ultra light button up shirt and bibs. I wear it in the real dark green camo pattern. I also have the matching hat/headcover combo with the elastic straps on the back that u can tighten with the little black button things. Here's the problem. When I turn my head to the left or right, it makes a rubbing noise as my shirt and headcover rub against each other that I hate. I know that if a deer were in close that it would catch it's attention. I'm thinking about this year, especially on days that it isn't too cold, just wearing a matching camo ballcap along with maybe painting my face with brown lines going up or down or something to simulate a pattern of bark and maybe mixing in some green or something.

Does anyone else ever use face paint? Have you had success? I wanna be able to turn my head ever so slowly while still being as quiet a mouse.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back when I started bow hunting we used military face paint,worked great but messy.Are you using a cloth or net face mask.Another trick we just used a camo bandanna across our face.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Spike

No its made out of that kinda material that isn't a net or cotten or anything. It's almost like a "nylony" material (if thats even a word). It's the matching Scent-Lok ultimate headcover.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I started bowhunting I would char a cork with a match or lighter and mark my face with that. Worked great. Easy to remove.