Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer only coming at night???

Old 10-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Spike

Default Deer only coming at night???

I have a question hopefully someone can help me out with. I have a small piece of property I can hunt in Maryland. I hunted there last year and this year and deer come through here. I put out corn and have my camera set up but I only get pictures at night. Is there anyway to change their routine? Almost seems like the bed near by and only come back late in the evening. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

well if youve hunted it hard theyve prolly spooked and became notcurnal. try to put in a food plot, more corn and throw in sum oats. stay outta there for the next cuple days and let em rest. they shuld start coming back in the morning and in the evening on their regular pattern. and try some salt blocks for a lil extra minerals
Old 10-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately, it'll be hard to change their behavior.
Around here, deer move commonly in daylight during the late summer and into the early September bow season. But as fall progresses, they seem to start moving later until the searching/chasing phase of the rut. Then they'll move any time of the day. The exceptions might be dark, foggy, overcast days when they seem to move again earlier toward their feeding areas and stay later on them.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Spike

I maybe hunt this area 2-3 days a week. I'm lucky to get out there 2 evenings with 3 little girls at home. But it does back up to state land and another 11 ac where somebody hunts. Thanks for the info..