Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb...anyone remove the climbing bar?

Old 10-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lone Wolf Sit and Climb...anyone remove the climbing bar?

I've had the stand for a while now and quite honestly, I really don't like using the sit and climb method to climb with it. I actually started just pushing the sit and climb bar back behind me and placing my forearms on the seat section angled bars and using it like a hand climber.

Anyone ever remove the bar? Will it hurt the stand?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Why remove it? I climb like you do (like a hand climber) with mine. But the bar DOES come in handy for a few things. If you want it out of the way when you hunt...it can be (of course). I see no reason to take mine off....and a few to leave it on.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Also, a big reason to leave that bar on is for when you want to change the angle of the platform, often half way up or so, while you're climbing. The change of the flare of the tree can make this necessary.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Dominant Buck

That's one of the reasons. There's more.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Please enlighten us.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Dominant Buck

1. When the bar is in climb position (you inside it) it makes for a REALLY comfortable position while you're sitting.....if you raise it up and put your arms over it.

2. When standing, raise the bar to the "up" position....and it'll allow you to get closer to the tree (to break up your outline better than if it's tucked under your seat). If you position your upper correctly, it's also at the correct height to rest your butt on (in this position).

I use it some more ways, too.....

Consider yourself "enlightened". Oh yeah....forgot...
Old 10-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Spike

my dumbass hadn't thought of flipping the 'up' so we can get closer to the tree....nice one jeff
anyone carry the standard & long straps for their sit & climb{like i'm doing now} or have they modified the 'upper' so the long ones can go all way into it / so it will wrap around smaller trees tightly????