Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Young and DUmb Yearling video from opening day

Old 10-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default Young and DUmb Yearling video from opening day

Got within 36yrds. Two yearling sbedded down that I spotted from the tree. I got down wind and crawed with in 36yrds. Easy shoot but its opening day and the were just to small. Few other deer pictures. Great to be in the woods. Last picture that doe would have been dead meat. Always fun to try and stalk a deer. It can be done and is challenging. Mature does its almost impossiable.

Click in link for video.

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z...Picture347.flv
Attached Thumbnails Young and DUmb Yearling video from opening day-picture-328.jpg   Young and DUmb Yearling video from opening day-picture-330.jpg   Young and DUmb Yearling video from opening day-picture-331.jpg   Young and DUmb Yearling video from opening day-picture-342.jpg  

Last edited by OklaBowhunter; 10-02-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

I don't get it?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by sportsman22
I don't get it?
What don't you get? It's pretty self explanatory to me.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't either. Why stalk two deer you don't plan on shooting? I almost never try to stalk a deer unless its late in the year in the snow or its a buck that is really worth the risk. They are too smart and spook way to easy. I rather sit till I'm done then make a stand adjustment for the next sit if I know where they are coming out at consistantly. Unless the conditions are absolutely perfect I don't try stalks on whitetail around here. WCL
Old 10-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know why, but whenever I post something Rob always has some "tough guy" comment to make. Must be a 15,000 + post thing.

Originally Posted by wingchaser_labs
I don't either. Why stalk two deer you don't plan on shooting? I almost never try to stalk a deer unless its late in the year in the snow or its a buck that is really worth the risk. They are too smart and spook way to easy. I rather sit till I'm done then make a stand adjustment for the next sit if I know where they are coming out at consistantly. Unless the conditions are absolutely perfect I don't try stalks on whitetail around here. WCL
Exactly my thought. I usually stalk in the rain or late season. Otherwise, why risk spooking those deer? Who knows if there is a big guy hanging around the outskirts of that area?
Old 10-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know why, but whenever I post something Rob always has some "tough guy" comment to make. Must be a 15,000 + post thing.

Tough guy comment? Always? Yeah, my 15,000+ posts is the reason for my observation. LMAO. I'd love to see an example. I just went back over your last 100 posts and the only one I responded to was when you asked a question in the contest rule forum and that answer wasn't "tough guy" either. Geesh, I got what he was saying that's all.

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 10-02-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sportsman22

Exactly my thought. I usually stalk in the rain or late season. Otherwise, why risk spooking those deer? Who knows if there is a big guy hanging around the outskirts of that area?

These deer were bedded! How did I know the size of them? Yes if they would have been bigger they would have got shot. Now unlike you I hunt for the fun and not the trophy deer. Its exciting and challenging stalking any deer on the ground. Not ever hunter in the woods is looking for that trophy deer. I have wall full of good bucks with a bow. I have hunted for 25yrs and still love a good stalk! Trophy deer is just a small part of hutning because only a very few will ever harvest a trophy deer and if thats all your after your going to be dissapointed!
DB

Here just a few deer I have on the wall. I have more than this many racks sitting in the garge floor. Just deer to me. Its the thrill of the hunt or taking a erson that has never hunted for me now days. Big deer is just a bonus.

Why take this disabled vet hunting in one of my best spots? He missed a larger deer than this on his first shot. WHY you ask! Because its the right thing to do! He got more joy shooting this doe than I would shooting a large buck.

Last edited by OklaBowhunter; 10-02-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Answer simple

Originally Posted by wingchaser_labs

Its about having fun in the outdoors.
DB
Old 10-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

Point taken DB. It's cool that you could take a vet on a hunt like that. One of my friends from home lost is partially blinded and has minimal control of his right side from Iraq. We have been trying to find a way to get him in the woods with his condition.

Sorry for the confrontation.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default No promblem

Point taken DB. It's cool that you could take a vet on a hunt like that. One of my friends from home lost is partially blinded and has minimal control of his right side from Iraq. We have been trying to find a way to get him in the woods with his condition.

Sorry for the confrontation.

Im older and its all about having fun now days. Use to be that die hard hunter. I try to let it happen and have fun.

Good Luck this season and I look forward to seeing your harvests.
DB