Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pins and arrow drop.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default pins and arrow drop.

I noticed something odd today. I sighted my 30 yard pin in on my new sight. It sits a good amont below my 20 yard pin. At the pro shop i was 8 inchs high at 20 yard he said that should be alittle high. Well when i shoot it there it is way low. Just on the bottom of the belly on the glendale full rut i bought. I walked it in and it sights a good amont below my 20 yard ok I did not think much about it. Then i move my 40 down alittle and it is why high so i move it back and it is just off the 30 if any. The mount holds the pins about a 1/8 a inch off each one. I thought i would need the same amont of space between the 20 yard and 30 yard as i would between the 30 yard and 40 yard pin. Does the arrow drop them kind of level off. Whats up
Also alot of people have said the glendalle full rut sucks. Heck on cabelas about 1/3 of the reviews said it sucks that the outer deer should not be shot. I have shot the body, the back quarter, front quarter. th neck even got one in the head when i was sighting it in. Arrow pull is ok if not great the block is good on pull. In fact it is easier to pull the arrow from the body then the block. Plus the holes shrink back up so not much issue there
Old 10-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

My bow shoots flatest out to 30 , Then at 30 and beyond, it drops off much more quickly. From what i have expeirenced, The arrow drops more the farther away from the target you are.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Typical Buck

It could be a nock/rest problem. Your rest may be too low or your nockset too high. That would put the apex of the tragectory farther out.

Shoot from 5 yards in 5 yard increments all the way out to 50 yards and see what it does. Most people have the apex of their arrow flight around 20 yards. The arrow will cross your 20 yard pin twice. Mine does so around 12 yard and then again at 20. Between 12 and 20 I have to aim a little low. Under 12 I have to aim high. At 3 yards I actually use my 40 yard pin.

The drop ought to be pretty even from 20 to 30 and then 30 to 40 if you are shooting anything over say 220 fps.

Again, I would check your nock point and your rest and make sure they are perpendicular to the bow. My guess is that your rest is low or your nock point too high.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Spike

With my PSE i only drop about 6 inches from 20-30 but from 30-40 it about doubles probably 10-12 inches