Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tracer nock magnet issues.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Tracer nock magnet issues.

When i bought my arrows i wanted some luminocks. The guy did not sell them. I guess there made in china and he stays with mostly american. That why he had to order the carbon express arrows. He sold me some other lighted nocks tracers i think. There s type and have a magnet that sights just up from my arrow spot i noticed when practicing my vane might hit it. The local shop owner said he had never seen them and the magnet might cause a issue when i shoot. SO i moved it so it would not hit the vane or not as much. Well when i drawed my bow today to shoot my new glendale full rut The magnet grapped my practice tip and pulled it over and held on to it like magnets do. SO i figure this is not going to work. He told me any magnet will set it off. I held it by my speaker for my tv and it went off. So do you know of a stronger magnet that might sit some where away from my tip and vanes. Or should i trash them and buy the non magnet luminocks. I would hate to loose the 20 bucks but would hate to loose that deer over it aswell. Also will these or the luminock change my arrow flight any.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Paragraphs my friend.

They shouldnt change your flight, although they will change your FOC slightly, the arrow flight should be the same. I think the tracers are somewhere around a total of 23-25 grains.. So you'll add a few grains to the rear of the arrow..

You should be able to find a spot for the magnet - I've never seen the problem you're speaking of before...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

[I tried it just on the other side i guess it would be the front the same side your stabilizer screws in. The magnet velcros on some velcro that sticks to the bow which pushes it out some maybe if i glue it to the bow and remove the velcro quote=fingerz42;3460920]Paragraphs my friend.

They shouldnt change your flight, although they will change your FOC slightly, the arrow flight should be the same. I think the tracers are somewhere around a total of 23-25 grains.. So you'll add a few grains to the rear of the arrow..

You should be able to find a spot for the magnet - I've never seen the problem you're speaking of before...[/quote]