Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sighting my bow

Old 09-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default sighting my bow

I had some trouble sighting in my new sight so i went down the the local shop to shoot indoors. I was getting arrows all over out back and with people working on the house and moving around I came to belive it was becoming dangerous. So i went indoors. I got my 20 yard pin set real close. My groups starting opening up and i was shaking alittle. SO i am going to fin tune it tomorrow. At 20 yards my 30 yard pin is around 7 or 8 inchs high. The guy at the proshop said that would be real close.
Question is that going to be close or what should i expect at the range tomorrow when trying to set it. Also my sight has elev. and windage adjustments the guy said to adjust the elev. then use the pin adjustment to fine tune everything. BUt i am asumeing that the pins will not all be at the right place by just adjusting the elev knob right? SO should i center the elev. knob and adjust the pins first? ALso i knew i had a good setup seems real fast and quite but should a 68 pound bow be able to go through a wood shed at like 50 yards?
Old 09-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of variables there. 7-8" high with your 30pin seems a bit high to me unless you are shooting a slower bow. That may be good for about 33-35yds.

Going thru a shed.... Doubt it but you never know

Derek
Old 09-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

since your 20 pin is close....leave it and the elevation knob alone. and adjust each pin

where is your 20 pin? at the top, center or lower in your sight ?
Old 09-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

THat the only thing i can see could have happen we heard aloud wack. I thought it was the tree behind the hay but no not there. Then there is alittle hole about the size of my arrow down low on the shed i can not figure why it would be that low but i guess it could have bounced off. I think i will look for it in the yard tomorrow but it almost has to be in the shed. IT if is inside and in good shape it will be my lucky arrow and be on my bow opening day
Originally Posted by drockw
Lots of variables there. 7-8" high with your 30pin seems a bit high to me unless you are shooting a slower bow. That may be good for about 33-35yds.

Going thru a shed.... Doubt it but you never know

Derek
Old 09-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I moved it alittle above the 30 when i started. so there is very little movement between the two. Seems there is alittle spacer between the pins. SO if leave it i will have very little room to move things. ALso there about centered maybe alittle higher then center
Originally Posted by hmthtrfan
since your 20 pin is close....leave it and the elevation knob alone. and adjust each pin

where is your 20 pin? at the top, center or lower in your sight ?
Old 09-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Leave the 20, you will probably move the 30 tomorrow.