Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first deer of the season down

Old 09-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Spike

Default first deer of the season down

went out this morning. in the stand at 5:30. and had deer all around me today as soon as i got in the stand. i had one monster doe a fawn and about a 2 year old. doe and i watched these does for about an hour. had them on the open field side of me. and with my safty harness on. i couldnt shoot towards the open field. so i slowly got my harness off. and then got turned around. and i guess i didnt spray down as good as i thought. they was smelling the ground. and licking there nose. then you could here them trying to smell me. then they would look up at me. and they circled down wind of me. and the biggest doe blew the first time. i have never had a deer smell me before. then she ran a few more yards. and blew again. and then all three of them ran out to 33 to 50 yards. and stoped. giving me just enough time to get drawn back. and i didnt wanna shoot the really big doe. since there was a fawn with her. so i picked out the next biggest doe. witch was the closest at 33 yards. got drawn back. and basically did a the fastest shooting i have ever done. and let the arrow fly. made a perfect shot on her. right behind the shoulder. not a pass through. the fletching got caught on a rib. and she went about 40 yards. and expired in a standing milo field. and left the best blood trail i have ever seen. the 2 blade rage broad head did it again. i will post pictures of her in the next day or so. when my buddy sends them to me.

Last edited by realtree88; 09-28-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a nice doe! Look forward to the pics!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the doe, and not to put a damper on the story but taking your harness off could have been bad news. glad nothing bad happened.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Banned

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Spike

thanks you guys for the comments. and the outdoorsman. you are right. it coulda been bad news. but the only reason why i did that. is because i have hunted that stand a hundred times before. and i am very comfortable being in that stand.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the first doe. Ive been hearing a lot of good things about those 2 blade Rage heads. My father started shooting them from his recurve a few years back, but dont think he's killed anything with them yet.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats, on your Doe! We like pics!!!!!