Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Things Getting Better At High Country

Old 05-21-2003, 05:10 AM

Default Things Getting Better At High Country

I recently had to have some work done on my High Country Split One X1. One of my limbs cracked. Needless to say I was not a Happy Camper, but this bow is 4 years old and was used hard. I bought it in February of 1999. So I contacted High Country via email to see if the limbs were covered under warranty. Well I contacted them on a tuesday and finally heard from them on friday and they told me that the work on the bow would take 5 to 7 business days at no cost to me, I thought to myself we' ll see about that. I seemed to me like everything everyone was saying was right about their customer service du to them taking 4 days to reply to my email. They told me to send my bow back to them and they would replace all the limbs for free. So I sent the bow out on May 10th, UPS said it should get to High Country on Wednesday the 14th wich it did arrive on that day. Yesterday I was on my way home from my second job Helping My father-in-law with his lawn mowing business when my wife called and said that when she got home there was a package at our door. My first instict was that it was the Copper John Dead Nuts Pro Sight I won on Ebay on Monday night, but that can' t be it was coming from ohio and the guy said it would be shipped tuesday morning. Well it turned out the package was my bow, returned looking and feeling like new. My first reaction was man that was fast. They got it on Wednesday the 14th and it was back in my hands by the 20th, what a turnaround. Back to me in 4 working days including shipping time, by the way they shipped it UPS Ground, not even overnight!!! So maybe things are looking up at High Country. I also was very impressed with the people I spoke to at High Country when I had to call to get a RA to send my bow back, they were genually concerned about my problem and wanted to make things right.If you have read their catalog for 2003 you might have read the comments on the first two pages that say quote

<" Due to the management by Spencer, as with High Country, his other business ventures flourished and prospered. Unfortunately, it has become apparent to Spencer that High Country has suffered without his attention and expertise. This is Unacceptable to Spencer as High Country is his most beloved business and the company is still a major player in the industry.
In 2003 Spencer will be managing High Country and making sure that High Country' s tradition of innovation & cutting enge technology continues. .........." >

It takes a big bunch of people to admit they screwed up but it takes abigger person to say they will make thing right. Well it seems like High Country is on the right track to make things right with it' s customers. So maybe we, as in all of us consumers should give High Country another chance.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Things Getting Better At High Country

In response to your last statement...I would be more than willing to give a High Country bow a whirl but I have a few comments first.

1. Considering their recent " problems" both perceived and actual I think it would make some practical sense to reduce their advertised costs on their high-end bows, especially the carbon riser models to garner more interest from the archery community. As interest, and subsequent trust, increases then prices could again be increased to levels comparable to the level of comparitive bows from other companies.

2. Drop the " 400 fps bow" campaign. If you want to install trust then do not go telling the average Joe that he can shoot 250 grain arrows out of a 70 lb bow while everyone else is saying that you should not go below 5 or 6 grains per pound of draw weight.

3. Instead of making the risers " super thin" and " super light" they should make the risers comparable in size and dimensions to their aluminum counterparts. The difference would be that they would still be lighter, much stronger and yet the increased amount of carbon should drastically reduce noise and vibration even above their current levels.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Things Getting Better At High Country

I have a 2002 Model High Country Brute Force. It' s a short, compact, hard-hitting, accurate bow. I love my Brute Force, and definetly plan on purchasing a new High Country in 2004. But I will always have, and keep my Brute Force. This bow has never let me down, and High Country has never shown me a reason to turn my back on them. So I' m glad to hear that they have admitted a problem, and I will always support High Country over any other bow make or model.